Mini suite 11002 & 11500

greatmom

I am planning a cruise to Alaska on the Pearl. I have decided on a mini suite deck 11. I was wondering if any body has info on suites 11002 or 11500? They are both the first balcony cabin on deck 11, I thought it would be a little quieter but I wonder if it would be a lot windier on the balcony because it is towards the front of the ship.

Thank you!

GM

We were in room 11014 in February, there is no noise on this side of the ship, Stay away from the port side of the ship, I have heard that there are noises from the gym on deck 12. You will love that deck. :)

We just came off the Pearl and were in minisuite 11002. It's not actually the first cabin. There is one in front of it that is a crew cabin. I think one of the bridge officeres lives there. Anyway, we didn't have any problems with wind, but the officer next door always played loud music when he got in at about 4:00 or 5:00 pm. It usually only lasted 15 minutes or so and it didn't really bother us. Also, the door to the bridge is right outside in the hallway and you may hear crew members going in and out-they sometimes slam the door. Again, this really didn't bother us.

One benefit we had was being able to see to the bridge wing and having the officers frequently wave at us. We would take the same cabin again. The starboard side is also great for viewing scenery and the towns when we docked.

sandgrace-We had my husband and I and our 22 yo son. We had plenty of space. The sofa opens to a rather large bed. I would say it's probably larger than a double. You will have more room if you have the steward fold the sofa up first thing in the am. (normally they will anyway, but a few days they didn't). The other bed is a good size too. I couldn't tell if it is a queen or a king. We have a king at home and I would say it's close.

Of course the balcony adds more space. With the sofa folded, your toddler will have space to play as well. The bathroom is not huge, but we never felt cramped. There is space to move around in both the room and the bathroom and you won't feel you're all on top of each other.

Think about the fact that the bridge viewing is open to all passangers to view the deck. There may be traffice near both of the cabins. When we cruised last year, we would walk up to look at the bridge everday, and also to look at the artwork.

We were in room 11014 in February, there is no noise on this side of the ship, Stay away from the port side of the ship, I have heard that there are noises from the gym on deck 12. You will love that deck. :)

We're booked in 11020 on the Gem, which looks to have about the same layout as the Pearl. The Spa is above us, so it should be quiet at night.

Did you notice much ship movement that far forward?

Dave

Archived