Carnival Freedom Mediterranean

wch

Planning on booking cruise for Mediterranean on Freedom in 2008. Not sure if Carnival is right for us but the price is great. Also thinking about Celebrity or Holland America. What do you think about the Freedom?

Planning on booking cruise for Mediterranean on Freedom in 2008. Not sure if Carnival is right for us but the price is great. Also thinking about Celebrity or Holland America. What do you think about the Freedom?

Carnival Europe is a totally different experience than the rest of Carnival. You'll love it

cruisecastle,,can you give some examples as to the difference when cruising Carnival on the Eurpoean cruises??? Thanks

Sure, first the crowd on the ship is considerably different. On average much older. The European cruises are much more subdued than the caribbean for serveral reasons 1) everyone is tired, 2) older crowd 3) carnival downplays the party atmosphere.

The first night the maitre D explains that is different than their caribbean offering and it will be a bit more staid with true formal nights, no red white and blue games etc..

Some of it is intentional by Carnival to create a "nicer more upscale experience" and they openly tell you that. Some of it is due to the fact that it's a different crowd on these cruises as they are more expensive so it tends to be a slightly older crowd

Hey WCH

I just cruise the Freedom on April 19th. Here is a link to my review and 2 other people who were on our sailing. Of the 20+ people we talked with, they all had a great time.

My DH and I talked with a few other passengers too and all seemed very happy. There was one complaint of a creak in one of the cabins keeping the person awake, honestly that's the only bad thing I heard.

Here's the links

Mine http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551274&highlight=Freedom+review

I&M Mom's http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=560927&highlight=Freedom+review

Europebounds http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=510053&page=33

Also the thread that Europebounds review is on is a LIVE thread that started on the inaugural cruise and many of us posted info on there after we got back, so you could find some good info there too.

Good luck, we loved the Freedom

Tara

we did the Liberty on her 4th sailing the first year CCL went to Europe. DH and I both early 40's at the time. We found this to be a great cruise. The party ship mode was not there at all. As said by previous replys, we found ourselves to be pretty tired each night. I found that everyone dressed for dinner and Formal night was more formal than usual. DH even bought a suite for the occassion just because it was Europe.

We loved this cruise, as it was a different feel and the many place we got a chance to see was so worth every penny that we spent.

Archived