Star Princess cabins information needed

slr6670

Could anyone please share the best cabins for the Star. We are hoping to cruise on the Star in Sept. 2008 in Alaska. What mini suite or balcony cabins would you recommend? Which decks are best?

The interior of all of the standard balcony cabins are the same and the same goes for the minisuites as well (though it has been reported that D732 and D733 have a different layout that makes it very difficult to have the beds together and also have a handicapped access bathroom).

As for the balconies, for a standard balcony cabin those on the Caribe deck (category BA and BB) have the largest balcony, and it is half covered and half open. Baja and Aloha deck balconies are about half the size and fully covered.

The minisuites on Emerald deck have fully covered balconies and those on the Dolphin deck have no cover at all.

Many people say they like the higher deck balconies because they feel they are totally private but keep in mind that because the ship is tiered anyone on the Dolphin deck can stand at their railing and look up at those on higher deck balconies.

Hope this helps.

When we were on the Star we were happy we had booked a mid ship cabin. You do a lot of walking to get places on the Star and if you're booked into either a forward or aft location, you'll be walking even more! Remember that the higher you are, the more ship movement you will feel.

Star is basically the same as all the other Grand class ships. I personally like midship (less to walk in either direction), but in the aft section.

For Alaska, it's definitely PORT side that you want.

I had a Caribe deck on the Sapphire, but only Baja deck on Star. Loved the extra balcony room on Caribe, but also how it's part covered unlike Dolphin deck. You get more room in aft cabins, but I don't think it's worth giving up being on the side for the views unless you've done Alaska before. Even then, I'd wanna be on the side.

We sailed 26 days on the Star in Mini E728. That is one of the rare ones with an extended balcony furthest on the port side towards the aft.

Although we had a totally covered balcony, I can second the notion of all the movement back there if you should come across even semi rough seas. We had several cocktail parties where if the seas were rough, some would not attend as it was just too rough for their tastes. Also, if you go back too far towards the aft, the noise bleeds through from the Vista Lounge below. It gave us lots of music to dance to when we got ready for dinner every night and even some nights into the wee hours also.

Archived