Tropical Storm Barry

FIRELT5

The main part of the storm (eye) is going west of Tampa where I live.They are saying winds of about 20 knots here so they should be lower there. We get thunder storms with higher winds and they keep landing planes until the lightning is right over the airport.

My mom can't even leave the house in Naples Florida without smelling the smoke from the nearby fires. I hope they get alot, they sure need it!!

Smell it pretty much daily in Montgomery, AL also. They (and we) could really use the rain.

I certainly hope nobodys cruise gets too messed up, but boy are we excited to see this storm. They say it won't turn to a hurricane therefore it should just be alot of rain. We have not had any rain in about 2 months and that is not an exageration. It should help clear out some smoke and help with the fires in north fl and south ga.

Tina

We are in Ormond Beach, FL this morning and head for Port Canaveral tomorrow the board the Mariner for 7 days in the western Caribbean.:)

It looks like Berry will clear Ormond Beach in a few more hours.

I sure hope he heads up to South Carolina where our home is dry as a bone.

Glad you guys are getting the rain you so desperatly need.

I'm a cold, heartless wench when it comes to hurricanes. Yes, they can be tragic. I hate them, but there's nothing I can do about them. The weather is out of my hands, so I buy insurance and make the best of it.

Hey Nancy..

OT for a quick sec..

We have family in Grand Rapids,Greenville and Mason... (and the UP...but don't make it to that side to often:eek: )

Next time we are up that way..I would love to try to meet you..How far is Ann Arbor??

Hey Nancy..

OT for a quick sec..

We have family in Grand Rapids,Greenville and Mason... (and the UP...but don't make it to that side to often:eek: )

Next time we are up that way..I would love to try to meet you..How far is Ann Arbor??

Hold out your right hand, palm up. Grand Rapids is mid-way up the fleshy left side. I'm at the almost end of the lifeline.

That said, I have family in Grand Haven. WONDERFUL beaches and I'm always up for a trip home. Shelbylook lives in Lansing and is a doll. Every CC fan should meet her. Plan a trip and give me the dates and we can do a drink in GR as I pass through (on the way to Grand Haven and back home). My e-mail is on my blog. Blog addy in the bottom.

Michigan is a LOVELY state. Gorgeous beaches.

Archived