What are you paying for your cruise?

extreme

Thats a great price for the airfare! You're a CA girl too ;) niiice. Good job on the cruise rate....wish I had a wrap but I just booked this thing in June so slim-pickins.

I am allllll over DJ Eddy over the next few weeks for the 80's!

Yeap, Fresno area (clovis)

Actually, we always book the wraps so i would have payed anything to have it:) but if i can get it cheaper, thats even better;)

We booked air back in December, when the prices were low, they are now up above $600.

Same for our cruise date, i just checked and all we have left are a few inside guarantees.

Better believe i'll be all over him too! We have such a close knit Roll Call, I'm sure others in our group will help me out on this also.

And i will make sure i mention the 29th cruise also:)

Sorry for high jacking the thread......now back to the regular posts:D

Let me tell you about "thread hijacking"..have you been to the "Bucket of Beer" post? I originally posted it wondering how much $$ a bucket of beer was....OMG, you have to see it. I had almost 300 posts and my question was answered in post 3-4. Discussion has taken an interesting turn and a life of its own....not about buckets of beer though and I am no longer involved!:p

Clovis..cool. We played volleyball once at Buchanan High School (or was it a middle school).

Let me tell you about "thread hijacking"..have you been to the "Bucket of Beer" post? I originally posted it wondering how much $$ a bucket of beer was....OMG, you have to see it. I had almost 300 posts and my question was answered in post 3-4. Discussion has taken an interesting turn and a life of its own....not about buckets of beer though and I am no longer involved!:p

Clovis..cool. We played volleyball once at Buchanan High School (or was it a middle school).

No i didn't see the post but i'm gonna go find it right now.

Buchanan is where my youngest daughter goes to school.

Let me tell you about "thread hijacking"..have you been to the "Bucket of Beer" post? I originally posted it wondering how much $$ a bucket of beer was....OMG, .

I just checked it out, that is so funny, It really starts about page 2 and goes on all the way thru to page 18.

I think thats the biggest high jacked thread i have ever seen around here,

congratulations, you started a thread that only got hostile once, when

DJ EDDY posted. (figures, the one person we are trying to be nice to)

We took advantage of the Freedom's bloggers cruise.

We have two insides w/ 4 passengers in each so that's $1792 total per inside cabin or $448pp.

Then we have one outside cabin at $1370 or $685pp.

We also get $100 per cabin obc.

That makes our post obc per person price an avg. of $465 pp. or $66.50 pp/per day all inclusive. Not too bad, but I'll always try and find better! :D

8 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Liberty leaving August 18, 2007.

Paid 600.00 US for cruise plus 389.00 flight from (Ottawa, Ontario to Fort Lauderdale)

Total after taxes and everything was 1291.25 US (inside cabin).

50 MORE DAYS until the party begins yippiiiii

I just checked it out, that is so funny, It really starts about page 2 and goes on all the way thru to page 18.

I think thats the biggest high jacked thread i have ever seen around here,

congratulations, you started a thread that only got hostile once, when

DJ EDDY posted. (figures, the one person we are trying to be nice to)

Oh the irony!!! Hey, maybe I will buy DJ Eddy a Bucket of Beer :D

Since 1998... for our family of four, Alaska was the most expensive we have been on. It was $4,200.00 for a balcony on the Spirit in July.

The cheapest we have sailed was a little over $48.00 per person per day for an interior room on a 4 day Fantasy class. (can't remember which cruise)

Where we really get the break is that airfare and pre-cruise hotels are free.

(Hubby travels a lot and we use the points for all of these.)

We are paying $269pp military rate (taxes and fees included) for 3 night Bahama cruise out of Pt Canaveral on Carnival Sensation for an inside cabin in January. Thought it would be a nice cruise before checking into Disney.

We are also paying $1283pp balcony cabin (taxes and fees included) for a 12 night cruise on Explorer of the Seas from NJ to the southern caribbean in Feb.

Finally, we are paying $1070pp balcony cabin (taxes and fees included) for a 10 night repositioning cruise on Jewel of the Seas in Oct 2008 from Boston to the caribbean and Aruba ending in Miami.

We've learned that it pays to book early with RCCL. We book those two cruises 18 months in advance. We are waiting to see if NCL drops its rates on the Dawn's Bermuda cruises for 2008. If they do, we will be booking a cabin for next June.

We just booked 3 balcony guarentees for 9 people total and with port fees and tax it is 6376.00 for all 9, that averages to 708.44 each person for a 7 night eastern caribbean on the Glory next April, which is 101.21 per person per day... Keeping our fingers crossed for a price drop, but glad I booked last week, already a 30pp increase just as of Wed. Total savings from one week to the next 270.00 combined.

Not a whole lot. :)

The 7 day Triumph was $475 PP for the 1A room with windows.

The first Freedom (6 day) is $359 PP with a $100 OBC because it's a group.

The second Freedom (8 day) is $639 PP with a $100 OBC because it's another group (different people :D )

I'm not really picky about my rooms, I'd rather book 3 insides in the off season than a balcony in the summer because once the trip $$ is gone I stay home! :p

I am new here, but I have no problem telling people waht we paid.

As many have said, it really depends on the time of year of your cruise. If we could cruise in 'off' season, like October or March, I would pay 1/2 of what I normally pay for cruises, but since my DW works for the NYC school system, we can only cruise when the rates are the highest.

Being Viet Nam vet, I try and use that military rate as best as I can. We are sailing back to back on Aug 16 and Aug 20, on the Fantasy total of 9 days, military rate and we paid a total of $1100 for both including everything. We are happy as there are no more military rates for this cruise and the rates have climbed since we booked.

Looking forward to New Orleans, and being on a ship once again.

We are happy as there are no more military rates for this cruise and the rates have climbed since we booked.

Same with us, we booked the Liberty right before the Military rates closed out and the prices now for an OV or more than we payed for a 9A wrap.

Some may think we still payed a high price but i personally think it was a great price for an 8 day cruise in July.

:eek: i'm jealous!!!! do you book directly with rcl?

We are paying $269pp military rate (taxes and fees included) for 3 night Bahama cruise out of Pt Canaveral on Carnival Sensation for an inside cabin in January. Thought it would be a nice cruise before checking into Disney.

We are also paying $1283pp balcony cabin (taxes and fees included) for a 12 night cruise on Explorer of the Seas from NJ to the southern caribbean in Feb.

Finally, we are paying $1070pp balcony cabin (taxes and fees included) for a 10 night repositioning cruise on Jewel of the Seas in Oct 2008 from Boston to the caribbean and Aruba ending in Miami.

We've learned that it pays to book early with RCCL. We book those two cruises 18 months in advance. We are waiting to see if NCL drops its rates on the Dawn's Bermuda cruises for 2008. If they do, we will be booking a cabin for next June.

Rhapsody (booked 2 months before)

7 night

Large inside cabin deck 7

July 2002

1600 for 2 with port charges, taxes & insurance

Splendour (booked 2 months before)

3 night

11-30-07 - 12-3-07

900.00 for 2 with port charges, taxes & insurance

Rhapsody (booked 8 months before)

7 night

6-03-07 - -10-07

1422 for 2 with port charges, taxes & insurance

Fantasy 5 night (just booked about 1 month before)

5 night

July 23, 2007

4D cabin????(on the E deck)

2469 for 4 with port charges, taxes & insurance (1234 for 2)

Liberty 7/07 4A Guarantee $618 pp upgraded to a 4E

$100 room credit, and we have a group so we're getting back $39 per room as a credit also

$194 round trip airfare Albany NY to Ft Lauderdale

$74 I think for gov't rate on the room because we're staying the night before and the night after the cruise

and only 2 weeks to go!!!!

Do you all count tips, taxes and port fares in your charges? Our prices went up considerably when the TA added those in. So when people way they can cruise for 100 bucks a day, is that BEFORE the charges or after?

(Still worth EVERY penny for a vacation where I don't have to pack my own sheets, towels, pots, pans and cook and clean for the whole family- no more renting beachhouses for me!)

Do you all count tips, taxes and port fares in your charges? Our prices went up considerably when the TA added those in. So when people way they can cruise for 100 bucks a day, is that BEFORE the charges or after?

(Still worth EVERY penny for a vacation where I don't have to pack my own sheets, towels, pots, pans and cook and clean for the whole family- no more renting beachhouses for me!)

my $83 pp per day includes cruise,taxes,fees. still looking into insurance,also my air was $580 rt for the two of us

Archived