What are you paying for your cruise?

extreme

Upcoming Inspiration 4 day cruise room category 5A $296.98 pp includes all taxes and fees.

Upcoming Glory 7 day Western cruise Empress deck aft balcony room $707 pp includes all taxes and fees.

We drive to the ports, though we don't have airfare or child care to pay for our other added expense is pet care, two dogs @ $25 per day, but they are on vacation same time as we are so it all works out for the good!

Book our cruises several months in advance. Will book next 7 day cruise when we return in Sept. from this Glory cruise. Will sneak another weekend getaway cruise in as well.

Heck a hotel, meals, at the beach for a weekend cost more than a cruise!

Besides I love shouting "hey cabana boy over here with that drink!"

I paid $1290 for a family of 5, but it's for 3 day cruise cat 6d. They actually knock a $100.00 off . This is my boys first cruise, so I'm hoping next time it will be a little cheaper:rolleyes: All in all I'm pretty happy with what I paid, but of course who wouldn't be happier with a lower price:D

I agree with some of cruisers there's too many factors that could make your price cheaper or more.(First time cruisers,pro-cruisers, direct vs agents, etc.)

I paid $1290 for a family of 5, but it's for 3 day cruise cat 6d. They actually knock a $100.00 off . This is my boys first cruise, so I'm hoping next time it will be a little cheaper:rolleyes: All in all I'm pretty happy with what I paid, but of course who wouldn't be happier with a lower price:D

I agree with some of the other cruisers there's too many factors that could make your price cheaper or more.(First time cruisers,pro-cruisers, direct vs agents, etc.)

Celebration for 5 nights, we paid something like $500 for 2 total after all the reductions (including cruise, taxes and port fees). We paid for inside guarantee and ended up wtih oceanview.

For Sept 2007, we are doing Eastern Glory for 7 nights for a total of $987 for 2 people including all port fees, taxes, and the cruise for inside cabin category G (deck 10).

We booked in a group, so we have a few more inside cabins that are even cheaper (we got free upgrade from 4A to 4G so they had to lower the price for anyone else who booked as they would be 4A) for $883 total after taxes, port fees, and cruise. It is for 9/29/07. If you are interested in this rate, contact me and I can give you the group # and you can book directly wtih Carnival (IOW I would not collect your money) and you would not have to eat with us or anything. Last I looked it would cost $1200+ for a 4a on this sailing. I have to give up the extra cabins on July 14.

kmmay90@aol.com

Carnival Liberty 6 Day Western Caribbean, Aug 25th 07. Inside Upper Deck, $299 & $70 tax pp plus $100 OBC per cabin.

Carnival Liberty, same itinerary. Nov 4th 07. Panorama Deck Inside. $298pp plus $70 tax pp. 3rd and 4th person rate $229.00 plus $70 tax.

Carnival freedom, Western Caribbean. Nov 2008. $298pp plus $70 tax. $100 OBC per cabin plus a bottle of wine thrown in.

How can I stay home at these prices? I just have my fingers crossed that they will change the Jamaica stop as it was originally Costa Maya, I'd prefer to go there. If not we'll treat it as another sea day and enjoy the pool. :D

Hi mdmomof7

Our August cruise was a group cruise offered on Cruisecritic.

November 07 cruise was booked directly with Carnival. Being a past guest gave us an upgrade to the Panorama Deck but no break on the price.

November 08 cruise was another group cruise, this one came to me via the Roll Call boards and members. Thanks to them!

I have found that keeping an eye on the boards and website specials really helps.

To keep costs down even further we drive for an hour from Toronto to Buffalo and fly from there. This can lead to a reduction of 60% on the airfare. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I think we paid something like 3k for a family of 4 on the Carnival Liberty, we have to fly from NY to Fla ($450)A great deal i think. Hotel the night before cruise $80, 2 Dogs in a doggy hotel $25x2 per day, Time away from it all with my family..... Priceless !

Actually still cheaper than cruising out of NY ports.:D

Some people will tell you they paid more' date=' this will make you feel good. Some people will tell you they paid less, this will make you feel bad.

Not everyone pays the same. This is true for hotels, car rentals, and airline tickets.

Its best to go with what you feel is best and not worry about the rest. ;)[/quote']

This is the truth. The topic often, too often, comes up over dinner, in the dining room. When it does, I knock-off $200 p/p to make the asker feel bad.

Just go and have a great time. Some paid more and some paid less than you. Get over it.

We are paying 359 or 369 pp for a 4-day Bahamas cruise with the Sensation, leaving on 10/21.

I have no idea if that's a great price or not, didn't research these boards enough to get ideas on how to save money.

However, we needed a cruise that left that day from that port, and with the USD being so cheap, we are quite happy with the price :)

We have booked through Yahoo travel, since it wasn't possible to book through Carnival's website as a non US citizen, and I hate to call, because I have a hard name to spell, lol. Only thing now, is that Carnival apparently has to confirm our cruise once the payment is processed (we paid the whole she-bang at once with a Mastercard) and I am still waiting for that confirmation... Tonight at 9 pm, it will hit the 48-hour mark, so my stress-level is rising. This is the first cruise, and I don't know what to expect from booking, from paperwork nor from the cruise itself, lol!

I paid €550EUR ($570 USD) per person for my Nov. 4th Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Valor, a 4B interior cabin, total taxes, fees AND tips already included.

I don't know if this is too much according to US citizens standards, but those are the prices here on Europe. I live in Lisbon, Portugal, and this price was for a 4B cabin, since 4A cabins were already booked.

Good price or a bad deal?.....................:confused:

Thanks!

This is the truth. The topic often, too often, comes up over dinner, in the dining room. When it does, I knock-off $200 p/p to make the asker feel bad.

Just go and have a great time. Some paid more and some paid less than you. Get over it.

On our Conquest cruise in November 2005 this obnoxious TX resident was yapping about her last minute deal from the time she entered the terminal until the morning the cruise ended. I've never seen someone become so hated so quickly in ANY setting before. She paid almost nothing, and she was proud - but the rest of us didn't want to hear about it non-stop for 7 days. She was even talking about it one night while getting her portrait taken!

I remember reading here on CC a LONG time ago that it is never polite to discuss your cruise fare while on a cruise, and I've taken that to heart. Of course on every cruise, I witness at least one person bragging about a deal, and every time at least a handful of people ask me how much I paid. They generally regret asking ;)

Same response to you as tomboyy to the others.

I am paying $905 total for a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Conquest 9-30-07 for 2 people in an inside 4G on the Lido Deck. No airfare we live close. This is with a past cruiser discount.

Money, that's what I'm paying. Tried to get them to get to take kittens, didn't fly. Wouldn't trade for the old mower either. Just want cash.:rolleyes:

Dan

tomboyy, your comments are rejected in advance.:D

When we got on the Rhapsody of the Seas on one of the cruises we have been on sometime in the 2003 or 2004 time frame when we were getting on the ship adn as we were checking in at the desk at about 1 pm they were telling people they had a number of cabins left and if we knew anyone that wanted to go and could make it to the ship by 4:30 they were letting inside cabins go for $99 per person taxes and port charges included. I didn't feel at all bad about what I paid, probably in the $5 - 700 a person range for an inside cabin. I like the price when I booked it so why wouldn't I later.

On our Conquest cruise in November 2005 this obnoxious TX resident was yapping about her last minute deal from the time she entered the terminal until the morning the cruise ended. I've never seen someone become so hated so quickly in ANY setting before. She paid almost nothing, and she was proud - but the rest of us didn't want to hear about it non-stop for 7 days. She was even talking about it one night while getting her portrait taken!

I remember reading here on CC a LONG time ago that it is never polite to discuss your cruise fare while on a cruise, and I've taken that to heart. Of course on every cruise, I witness at least one person bragging about a deal, and every time at least a handful of people ask me how much I paid. They generally regret asking ;)

Triumph 7 nite 8/25/07 Eastern Caribbean

Booked in June thru internet site

8B Extended (rear) Balcony Empress Deck

2 adult, 1 child (he's why we have to travel in high season:-)

Military Rate total - $1863 incl. taxes, port and fees.

Unfortunately no perks, but happy with the price.

We paid $1,944.50 totaled for three ($648.17 pp). Price includes all fees and the travel insurance for the three of us, too. This is for an 8C Balcony ~ Deck 10 on the Glory sailing in 58 more days! Yippee!

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, 5 nights departing 8/27 got it for $794 including taxes, port. Thats for 2 of us. So way less than $100pp/pd. Cat4a (paid $342 with resident discount)

Then Carnival Valor, Cat 6a 6 of us, $2860. 7 Nights, eastern carribean. Departs 12/2. Thats $68pp/pd. Cant beat it.. I think! (paid $435 for resident discount)

Archived