Trip Insurance

huxlemo

I have never purchased trip insurance. But I am interested in purchasing it for our next cruise at the end of August. We have no pre-existing conditions. I am more concerned with trip cancellation or delay. Does anyone have a recommendation for a company they have used and was happy with? Thanks for your help. :)

For out October 05 cruise I booked before using insuremytrip and had to make a claim and the company paid quick. I didn't mention the name of the specific company because I am not sure if we can on here. DH injured his shoulder on the way to the ship :confused: and he had to make a dr's visit. They gave him a sling and some pain medication.Total visit was about $215 I think. The insurance was $52 for me and DH.

On the last cruise in Feb 07 we didn't get insurance because we booked with less than a month and I just didn't worry about it.

For our upcoming cruise this Sept I booked insurance again because apparently since I turned 30 last year I am falling apart. I have had my gallbladder removed, been to the ER for a very first migrane headach, and had a tooth ache. I thought we should get insurance just in case. Total cost of insurance was $86 for me, DH, and DS. Hopefully I won't have to use it. This is something I would rather just waste the money on than have to use it, ya know.

My mom and her family have been on 9 cruises and never bought insurance and never needed it so she has been lucky.

Travel insurance is a necessary item. You never know. I buy it for every cruise I have been on. I had to make a claim on my last cruise and the company paid it right away. You never know. Its better to be safe then sorry.

Robb

With to money I spent on insurance I could have taked another cruise:(

What kind of cruise are you taking for $100 each? I always buy insurance and have had to make claims on 3 different occasions. The last one was on the Conquest because somebody jumped off the ship. That claim was for over $350, and it covered re-booking airfare, hotel, meals, rental car, and a broken hair dryer in my lost luggage when it finally arrived.

go to www.insuremytrip.com

I got coverage for 6 (51, 50, 24, 21, 17, 14year olds) for $202. Great med evac (1,000,000) lost luggage, delay, death in family etc. Much cheaper than through cruiseline or TA (on average--$100 a person that way)

I too have seen even young people evac'd for compound fractures (one at Dunns River Falls and another in the Bahamas) Not my family but still could happen. I never buy right away--not until final payment made. We are healthy so no worries about prexisting conditions for us.

Money well spent in our minds.

Have fun!:)

Archived