Embarkation

wildcat1130

We are leaving on the Pride tomorrow, and I was just curious as to if there is a time, between early and regular check-in, that they stop checking people in, or do they just continue and deem it regular check-in? Thanks!

Therre isn't a time when they stop checking people in. We do the early check-in at the Queen Mary, then head over to stand in line fairly early. We like to be on the ship as early as possible. Gives you another day on the ship. They are no too well organized at the Long Beach check-in. Sometimes you get on earlier than others, but we are ususally on the ship by 12:30 or so. Enjoy your cruise. Also, you might try the zip line excursion. My husband and son did it and really enjoyed it.

It might not be the check in people being disorginized which causes the difference in time as to when you can board. Sometimes the ship docks later in the morning... people getting off werre slow... immigration or customs was late or slow or there were more people needing assistance.

If you want to wait around for 4 hours, you can do early check in, around 8:30am. It last's I believe until 11am ? Then they let you in for processing at about 12:45pm.

If you don't do early check in, get there around 2:30-3:00pm. There won't be any lines outside the dome, and you just walk in quik thru security, then head to the check in counters inside, then its straight to the ship!

We did early check in a little after 10 and then waited outside in the shade on a BEAUTIFUL day. We met a lot of other cuisers and it was fun running into them all week. My son meet some friends and they watched a movie on our portable DVD. What a great way to start the cruise. When they started forming the lines we were 2nd in line, got on the ship easily and had 3-4 hours more than the people who show up at 3:00. Buffet is not crowded, DS8 was the only one in the pool (never see that again) and we wandered any uncrowded ship for the first hour.

Archived