Adult/Kid Tips

Lowie

I know on the website tipe are listed as $10 per day for adults and $5 for kids per day.

we are sailing in 2 rooms, one adult and one kid in each room. will the tips stay the same, or will they charge the full amount because there is only one adult and one kid in each room?

They charge the kids rate regardless if they are the second in the room or the fourth or fifth.

I always tipped extra because I thought the kids were just as much work, if not more than adults.

I remember one time my daughter wasn't feeling good, so I gave her dramamine and she fell asleep. She was in such a sound sleep, she wet the bed - something she never did. We had to call the steward. My daughter was mortified as she had such a crush on him. She ended up throwing up and made it to the bathroom, but not the toilet. Called him again.

And to think, her tip was 1/2 price.

They charge the kids rate regardless if they are the second in the room or the fourth or fifth.

I always tipped extra because I thought the kids were just as much work, if not more than adults.

I remember one time my daughter wasn't feeling good, so I gave her dramamine and she fell asleep. She was in such a sound sleep, she wet the bed - something she never did. We had to call the steward. My daughter was mortified as she had such a crush on him. She ended up throwing up and made it to the bathroom, but not the toilet. Called him again.

Great story...something you and she will never forget:)

awww, poor thing, nothing worse then being sick on vacation. i also agree that sometimes kids can be WAY more work then adults. i kind of feel like i'd be stiffing the crew by not paying full tips on the kids. it's not that much money anyway.

awww, poor thing, nothing worse then being sick on vacation. i also agree that sometimes kids can be WAY more work then adults. i kind of feel like i'd be stiffing the crew by not paying full tips on the kids. it's not that much money anyway.

I think they are trying to be family friendly. Most cases the kids are in the same cabin as two adults so it really does not hurt the pool total. In fact it increases it over those cabins with just two adults.

Archived