Eden Rock anyone?

62 Cruiser

My family went to Eden Rock in February. It was amazing...

if you have little ones with you, it is kind of hard to get into the water. You have to walk down concrete steps and the water can be rough. We saw huge fish, colorful... we loved it... You can rent gear, lockers. We had our own snorkel equipment, but we needed vests because it was rough and i was nervous with my son. We are going back in July.... Have fun!

I have heard alot of great things about Eden Rock and will be going there with a group of 12 in January. Is there a dive shop or excursion company near there that offeres stingray tours right of the beach?

We walked to Eden Rock from the Tender Port. It took maybe 10 minutes. We rented snorkel gear there (abou $14 I think) and put our stuff in a locker. It was an easy climb down a ladder into the water. We were the only two in the water for about 45 minutes before a tour boat dropped it masses in. It is a great experience and so easy to find. Just go to the right after you get off the tender.

On the way back we found a wonderful bazaar of local artisans where we bought several pieces of Camanite jewelry. The lady we dealt with was delightful.

Cayman is such a delight after enduring the horrible people of Jamaica.

Eden Rock is great , especially if you are pushed for time. Do a tour in the am or shopping, then it is nice to have such a nice snorkeling spot right at the ship before getting back on. We take bagels from the breakfast buffet to feed the fish..........

I want to go back to Grand Cayman just to go back to Eden Rock. $61 dollars for all 4 of us and that was snorkel rental and locker. I highly recommend it. Beautiful fish and coral. No other snorkeling could have been easier.

In Oct '06 we walked to Eden Rock from the dock. We brought our own snorkel gear. One in our group does not snorkel and she got a table at the outdoor cafe and watched out stuff while enjoying a drink. We had aqua socks on to climb across the slippery rocks to get in the water. We loved our time in the water swimming with the huge tarpon.

I have heard alot of great things about Eden Rock and will be going there with a group of 12 in January. Is there a dive shop or excursion company near there that offeres stingray tours right of the beach?

Eden Roc does have a dive shop; you can rent scuba gear and tanks there (if you have your c card with you.) However, there is no boat dock for tours there and no beach to speak of-just a spit of sand over the rocks.

We walked to Eden Rock from the Tender Port. It took maybe 10 minutes. We rented snorkel gear there (abou $14 I think) and put our stuff in a locker. It was an easy climb down a ladder into the water. We were the only two in the water for about 45 minutes before a tour boat dropped it masses in. It is a great experience and so easy to find. Just go to the right after you get off the tender.

On the way back we found a wonderful bazaar of local artisans where we bought several pieces of Camanite jewelry. The lady we dealt with was delightful.

Cayman is such a delight after enduring the horrible people of Jamaica.

Do you get a flotation vest with the snorkel package???? I think we have made a good choice to go to Eden Rock but wanted to know how easy the entrance and exit from the water was? Are the waters usually rough? BF is an experienced diver but the rest of us are newbies to snorkeling!!!

Archived