Seagways in Philipsburg?

Voom

Anyone know if you can rent segways from a private vendor in Philipsburg? I had read you could but haven't seen anything lately. If possilbe please provide general directions from RCCL docking area. I see the excursion is availabe through RCCL, but wanted to do them without going through cruseline. Thanks in advance.

If you are on one that are great fun!!! My daughter (9) and I did it last week on the Mariner. Just grab a taxi off of the ship and tell them to take you to "The Holland House" hotel. Maybe 5 minutes from the ship. You can also take the water taxi but it costs a dollar more than a taxi does I think. The gentleman at the Holland House did a 30 minutes tour with us. You have about a 10 -15 minute orientation with him and then he will take you down each way on the board walk, take your pictures with the ship in the background. 30 minutes (plus the orientation) was fine for us. The cost was $30. for 30 minutes and $60. for 60 minutes. We gave him a nice tip because he was so good and wonderful with my daughter. We loved it and had a great time. Most people on the boardwalk were amused by the Segways, not annoyed. We had to do it on our own because the ship had a minimum age of 12 to book and I knew from reading the boards ahead of time that they took kids as young as 8. My daughter who was 9 had no trouble at all. It's one of those things where the kids have better balance than the adults so they usually do better. My daughter says it was the highlight of her trip. E-Beth

• 2 weeks later...

have any contact information on the segways? We would really like to do this while in St. Maarten but Carnival does not offer it as an excursion and I haven't been able to find any contact information to reserve in advance. The only thing I've found is with No Rush Tours and he isn't responding to my emails in regards to booking a tour.

Any info is greatly appreciated leaveing week after next.

Regards!!!

Archived