What To Wear To Hide Tummy

nugsmom

sgttamii...I hear you!

I have stopped trying to squeeze myself into a size that I wore 5 years ago, and have looked for atractive pieces that are a little bigger but suit me and are comfortable. I watch 'What Not To Wear" faithfully, and have learned what works. It took me a while to get comfortable with the tag size, but I feel much more confident when I get 'gussied up'.

That doesn't mean, however, that I've given up on losing some weight and re-shaping my body. I just feel better while the re-construction is going on!:D

I used to suffer from Size Tag Sullenface, but I found the solution. You suck it up, find the proper size that fits, and then once you're home, you scissor the tags out and into the trash go those not-so-pleasing numbers. :p

I have a whole selection of dress clothes with no size tags in them, and rather than feel angst, I get a little grin over my silly solution. A tributary of De Nile appears to run by my house. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have an undergarment (like spanx) but from WalMart, it is thigh to under the bra line. I wasn't fond of wearing it, but it sure enhanced the look of the dress even though the dress was not formfitting to start with. It pushed my fat upward (yes, upward) but because the undergarment was slippery, my dress always stayed down nicely when I stood up. As for clothing, an A-line type floor length jumper with a classy jacket works. Also, I've started getting cover ups of sheer material. They are like a large square with a hole in the center for your head. The extra material loosely drapes your top and part way down the arms.

Hello everyone!

I am so glad that the clothes that most stores are showing recently are more forgiving to those with bellies. I have been shopping lately because we leave for a cruise in 15 days and after having our son a little over a year ago and now we are pregnant with our new little one (two months, but I look more like I am having twins this time!), I was glad to see that there are lots of fashions to hide bellies. I found some reasonable clothes at Express for 30.00 each. I will try to post pics now...

okay, I can't :( but if you go to http://www.expressfashion.com/styles/womens.jsp?groupId=40

then page 3, the farthest top to the left "Chain halter top"

http://www.expressfashion.com/styles/womens.jsp?groupId=9

then page 2, the second dress from the left (it is silver)

and page 2, the last dress on the right (it is yellow, but I got it in white)

I think these are great belly hiders and I was glad to find the clothes priced decently!

:) Lindsay

Archived