Adventure Ocean/Babysitting ?'s

newlife

Hi-

We are looking into booking the Mariner in Fall 2008 for a family cruise (14 of us all together). I have been on this ship in the past (and LOVED it), but just with my husband, no kids.

I know that on Carnival, there are no kids activities the 1st night. Is this the same on RCCL?

Also, I will be travelling with my neices and nephews in addition to my own kids, are they all considered from the same family for the in-room babysitting service?

How late is the in-room babysitting is offered?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

My parents were just on the Mariner and since we are bringing out 18 month old on that ship with them in November I actually had them ask a few questions for me.

(I believe the first night the only activity for kids is signing them up for kids club so no actual activity but don't quote me on that one)

1) Babysitting is now $8 an hour (not sure what the group rate is)

This of course is due in cash each night the babysitter leaves, which is nothing new.

2) This service is offered per availibilty and there is no limit to hours except per the limit of the person who is babysitting availibility, and that in most cases they are available for 6 - 8 hours. ( I had them ask becuase I had been told they were only avaible for dinner and not for the shows and I kind of wanted to see at least one or two shows. )

3) Make sure to make reservations the first day for what every babysitting you want that week for the best chances at having someone available to do it.

I hope this helps

Katie

I am working on a new system to keep track of every cruiselines kid's activities. I just got done adding in my RCCL compasses from Freedom. My kids were in the 3-5 group and the 6-8 group. If yours falls into that same category, you are welcome to see the list of activities that they offered on Freedom....

Just click here, then click on Royal Caribbean AO Compass

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

And if it doesn't work, let me know. :D

Just got off liberty of seas today. My kids are 7 & 9. Not sure about activities the first night because we had a crazy first day due to delays to clean up the ship. My 7 year old son went to AO every night and a few times during the day. he did not want to have dinner with us, he ate at the windjammer and then we took him up there from 7 to 10. He made tons of fun, won prizes, dressed up like a pirate and took over the ship, etc. He loved it. my 9 year old thought it was just okay and had dinner with us most nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi -- There are a couple of options- One is to hire an In -room babysitter - the child must be at least 1 year old- and it's 8.00 per hour up to 2 children. So if you have a group - you may have to work this out at the desk - they might want to assign a few babysitters. Or...If some of the kids are old enough or just older - and you want to spring for the extra money-- I think it's $5.00 per hour Per child, after the A.O.kids club closes until I think 1:00 they can stay for the late night- my son loved that -they watched movies, played games, and a few nights the Older A.O. room was not full so they let the 6 to 8 yr olds go into the older A.O. and they got to play video games- he thought that was awesome. I came in at 11:30 to pick him up and he asked me to come back later-- I was tired and wanted to go to bed! - so I gave him a half hour and begged him to come back to the room with me and my DH !! You should check the compasses listed on these boards they give you an idea of how the A.O. club works- many people do not realize that the A.O. club closes 2 to 3 times a day on sea days. At least you could plan some things in advance while makingsure the kids don't miss out on the Johnny rocket nights where the A.O. counselors take the kids to eat during the dinner hours! Good Luck & Have Fun!

Archived