Choosing 2008 Caribbean

I would choose Ocho Rios. I've seen several posts here that say Montego Bay is not very safe. I was concerned enough about it that I wouldn't go past the fenced area when we were there in April. I've never heard anything bad about Ocho Rios. We've been there a few times and enjoyed it.

I went to Montego Bay off FOS last June... if it weren't for the Inagural Cruise - I don't know that I would have left the port. There was so much political attention - I felt as though we were safe. We had a fantastic time tubing through the jungle. I'd do it again. Booked through RCI. Loved it.

However, I hated the shopping district. Dirty and lot of begging.

It's been awhile since I went to Montego Bay, and I was there for a week stay in a resort, but I found Mo Bay to be a lot more fun than Ocho Rios. I actually ran out of things to do in Ochi, but LOVED every second of Montego Bay. Again, though, times have changed and it may be COMPLETELY different now. I had this lady hand make me a little tropical dress and I got a FABULOUS deal on Tanzanite in Mo Bay. I didn't care for the overly tourist admosphere of Island Villiage in Ochi.

Archived