Voyager Excursion - St. Thomas

myurick

I know this is an excursion question, but it pertains only to Royal Caribbean.

I am booked to go on the Voyager of the Seas - January 22, 2005 for part of our honeymoon. Our parents will be joining use, so there will be 6 of us on this ship.

At the St. Thomas Port, there is an excursion to sail to Buck Island & snorkle there. Apparently this is done on a private yacht and each excursion is limited to 6 people. Has anyone done this excursion before and what are the chances that all six of us will end up on the same yacht?

Thanks for you help,

Mike

You can book the tour on-line and all of you will be together....or when you get on board, purchase the excursion on 1 cabin's account. We were two couples and we ended up with one other couple, for a total of six.

We took this excursion through RCCL a few years ago. We still talk about how wonderful it was.

Yes, it is a private yacht and the owners of the yacht were our tour guides - a husband and wife team. The wife had some sort of handicap and couldn't walk. She sailed (steered) and he did all the hard work with the sails, etc. We actually helped a little with the sailing.

The husband was our guide and actually got into the water with us and gave us a wonderful tour all around Buck island - pointing out all sorts of sea life like no other snorkeling tour we have ever taken. We saw a beige eel with white polka dots - so cool - he said it was rare to see them.

There are several yachts and you are assigned a number that corresponds to a particular yacht when you meet for the excursion. All people who are together sail together.

We were contemplating taking this tour again next month on the Mariner and would definately do it again, however, this time we're going to do something different and take the Turtle Cove Snorkeling trip.

All I can say is "Just Do It", I don't think you'll regret it!

Archived