Majesty 3 Night Bahamas Excursions

APagano

Have some questions regarding potential shore excursion purchases for my Majesty weekend getaway with my girlfriend.

1) We definitely want to see Atlantis, the Dig and the Aquarium. Was told in the Ports forum that you can do it on your own but you won't see as much as you would with the Shore Excursion. Wanted to get some thoughts on that. Is the Harbor Cruise/Atlantis tour worth it or should we just go it alone?

2) Snorkeling in CocoCay - does it save any time to book that in advance or should we just wing it once we get there? GF will be snorkeling while I relax on a beach mat. :D

This was my first cruise, and now I am hooked. I am actually booked to do the 4 day version in Janary as part of my honeymoon.

I would think that because this is your first time to Nassau that doing the Harbor Cruise/Atlantis tour is probably your best bet if you want to see Atlantis and the Aquarium. When I went on it, the boat took us around the harbor and the driver explained some of the culture & history of the place. Then we were dropped off at Atlantis and we were given a walking tour of the Atlantis and the Aquarium. Then we were able to browse the shops, have a bite to eat and take a boat back to the ship at our leisure.

Now you can just get a cab to take you there. I think is was about a $5-8 cab ride, but I'm not sure. I guess the advantage of doing through RC is that you get the personal guide - and I don't know what it would cost to see the Aquarium is you just showed up.

As for the stop at Cococay, I would just go ahead and book that now. No harm in booking in advance. I didn't book until we were on the ship, but that is because I didn't know that you could book in advance. I'm not sure if you can book once you get to Cococay, I think that is something that you will have to do on the ship, but I may be wrong.

I would suggest heading straight for the water when you get there. When I was in Cococay, that is what we did. Then we had some lunch, went for a stroll and we were just about to go back in the water when we noticed everyone was gone. Ended up they were taking everyone back to the ship early as a storm was headed our way. RC refunded the complete price of the snorkel rental, we didn't even have to ask. We had a great time when we got back to the ship.

Anyhow, I hope this helps you out.
Thanks,
Mike

A TREMENDOUS help. Thanks!! I'm one of those Type A planners that likes to have everything taken care of in advance, so I probably will do the guided tour. I just hope we don't have to get up real early!

We set sail on September 17th. I'm so excited about this trip for so many reasons. Too bad I couldn't take a longer cruise, but two weddings and a funeral ate up all my vacation time. Maybe next year - would LOVE to do Alaska again!

As for getting up early - when I took the tour, we did it in the afternoon. You should check with RC to see if you have the option. We did some shopping in Nassau (you dock right by the shopping) and went back to the ship for lunch, then went on our tour. Have fun!

[quote name='myurick']As for getting up early - when I took the tour, we did it in the afternoon. You should check with RC to see if you have the option. We did some shopping in Nassau (you dock right by the shopping) and went back to the ship for lunch, then went on our tour. Have fun![/QUOTE]
I'll check on that. GF and I both work nights, so getting up early is out of the norm for us. In fact, I often wake up earlier on vacations than I do in real life because otherwise I would miss a lot!

Archived