Spirit questions out of NYC in July

woolfden

Forgive me if I ask questions that are previously posted. I try to search all the threads, but don't get to spend nearly as much time on CC as I would like.

We have a group of 8 persons, including 3 children, traveling on the Spirit to the Bahamas leaving July 15. When return to NYC we are then spending another week in the city.

1. Any ideas on how to get from LGA to the ship? We arrive around 11:00. I obviously would be looking for private transport for our group & our luggage. We would also need transport from the cruise terminal to our hotel after the cruise.

2. Are there menus & dailies posted for the Spirit Bahamas anywhere? In addition, are there any nights were the surcharge is half price at the pay restaurants. With the size of our group, I know we would need to book as soon as we arrive.

3. Our children are 12, 11, & 8. Any suggestions on excursions in Nassau. I believe we have decided on the Kennedy Space Center in FL. We really are looking at activities that we can all do together as a group. Is there enough time to do an excursion that IS NOT through NCL. There seems to be more options as well as better prices, but time in port is definitely limited.

4. When is the optional formal night? On our last cruise, it was Sunday.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Forgive me if I ask questions that are previously posted. I try to search all the threads, but don't get to spend nearly as much time on CC as I would like.

We have a group of 8 persons, including 3 children, traveling on the Spirit to the Bahamas leaving July 15. When return to NYC we are then spending another week in the city.

1. Any ideas on how to get from LGA to the ship? We arrive around 11:00. I obviously would be looking for private transport for our group & our luggage. We would also need transport from the cruise terminal to our hotel after the cruise.

2. Are there menus & dailies posted for the Spirit Bahamas anywhere? In addition, are there any nights were the surcharge is half price at the pay restaurants. With the size of our group, I know we would need to book as soon as we arrive.

3. Our children are 12, 11, & 8. Any suggestions on excursions in Nassau. I believe we have decided on the Kennedy Space Center in FL. We really are looking at activities that we can all do together as a group. Is there enough time to do an excursion that IS NOT through NCL. There seems to be more options as well as better prices, but time in port is definitely limited.

4. When is the optional formal night? On our last cruise, it was Sunday.

Thanks for any help in advance.

1. Cab? - Cabs run from LaGuardia to pier all the time.

2. Menus ... search for menus online, they should be available. There isn't a guarrantee that the specialty restaurants will be discounted at all, but when they do you will be informed in the freestyle daily newsletter.

3. Stick with the cruise ship tours in Canaveral... the ship won't leave if you are delayed on a ships tour, but on your own, you could end up missing the boat.

traveling on the Spirit to the Bahamas leaving July 15.

Woolfden -- I'm leaving on this same trip this coming Sunday. I plan to post dailies, menus, etc. when I get back. Keep an eye out for my review.

Sea Hound:D

Try to get a mini van shuttle from LGA. You won't fit all 8 people in 1 cab. As for Kennedy Space center, I have heard it is really boring and you don't get real close to seeing anything spectacular. If your kids are into that kind of stuff, maybe it'll be different, but someone reviewed that excursion on here and said it wasn't worth the money.

Cabs are easy from the airport to the pier. You will need 2 or 3 for your size group , depending on the amount of luggage. If you want to stick together you can contact cab company's or limo's and arrange for transportation for your entire group. This of course will be more expensive. The same when you depart the ship at the end of the cruise, there will be many cabs available at the pier. It cost us $ 12 from a mid town hotel to the pier and $ 8 from the pier to Penn Station on our return. We were 4 people with way to much luggage and we used the van style cabs.

The first optional formal night is usually the second night and I belive the last night.

Kennedy space centre I found interesting but my family 10, 16 & 18 at the time, was bored. We taking a similar cruise in Dec and the plan is to go with NCL to Disney for the day.

Good luck, enjoy

Thanks for your help so far! I will check into the minvan cab thing. We will have 16 suitcases & 8 carry on bags...For 14 days I know we will have too much luggage, but Id rather have & not need it than the other way around. I don't think regular cabs are an option as we would need probably 4 of them...I don't think it would be very reasonable then. The price I am seeing online from LGA is like a flat $50-65 per cab.

Sea Hound, I can't wait for your return & all your info to come. Have a wonderful trip!

woolfden........

You may want to try to contact Carmel Car service (# 212-666-6666) here in New York. I use their car service quite often and they are reliable. You can call them and make a reservation.....just let them know the airport, airline and time of arrival and they will pick you up at the airport. I don't know how much the cost would be but you should be able to get a car or minivan large enough for everyone. Hope it works out! Have a great cruise!!

Thanks for your help so far! I will check into the minvan cab thing. We will have 16 suitcases & 8 carry on bags...

:eek: I think you will need a Uhaul truck just for the baggage :D 8 people and 24 bags. First thing I would do is unpack and divide by 2. You could then get into two cabs or town cars. As it stands now you made need to have one person in a cab/car alone with most of the bags :rolleyes:

Archived