"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

I wouldnt not sail RCCL again because they dont have a ship in port canaveral, but it will probalby make me cruise less. Port Canaveral is one quick 2 1/2 hour direct flight from here. All the other ports have connecting flights. I have booked the mariner more because of that choice where I would probalby not go as much thinking of connecting flights, etc......and as of right now I dont even have a choice of a voyager class ship in florida doing 7 day sailings, only freedom class.

Sherri I booked on friday but cancelled. That sale wasnt all it was cracked up to be. I feel I am better off with a price drop and coupon than their $100 OBC, plus I have a FCB that I can use which will get me that anyway.

I believe RCCL is going to put a ship in port canveral, why they werent more prepared to do it is suprising to me.

As for the crew, dont be surprised to find most of them wont go with the ship or will transfer to another. Most of the crew members choose the caribbean itinerary because they are from those areas and can visit home more often. As well as getting a quicker flight home from the east coast. I think a lot of the staff will end up here on the east coast on other ships.

Sherri I booked on friday but cancelled. That sale wasnt all it was cracked up to be. I feel I am better off with a price drop and coupon than their $100 OBC, plus I have a FCB that I can use which will get me that anyway.

I believe RCCL is going to put a ship in port canveral, why they werent more prepared to do it is suprising to me.

As for the crew, dont be surprised to find most of them wont go with the ship or will transfer to another. Most of the crew members choose the caribbean itinerary because they are from those areas and can visit home more often. As well as getting a quicker flight home from the east coast. I think a lot of the staff will end up here on the east coast on other ships.

Janet -- I let my hold on a JS for 2/3 expire but I may still do something for that date. My C&A coupon for $150 off is good until June 30. I am going to talk to my agent later. As I have posted, the price for a JS went up on Friday by $100 and early this week, a D2 increased by $50. If we keep our Freedom of the Seas for 2/24, we may sail on Mariner next June and renew our vows for our 35th anniversary. We want to sail on her before she leaves and I also may have some Bank of America Visa points to offset the price.

I agree that Mariner's crew will change -- especially with the ships that will be moved around in late 2009 and the need on Genesis for huge amounts of experience staff. When we sailed on Mariner in January, our fabulous waiter, Memis, was going to Liberty and the Maitre d' and Head waiter were going to Brilliance.

Another thought/argument for RCCL keeping a 7 day ship in Port C. RCCL does not sail out of Jacksonville or Charleston -- ports that draw from the south.

Also, we have moved away from the panic days for travel after 9/11 but all the cruise lines survived because they moved their ships around so that many cruisers could fly. And flying has gotten worse in the last few years.

Another thought/argument for RCCL keeping a 7 day ship in Port C. RCCL does not sail out of Jacksonville or Charleston -- ports that draw from the south.

Also, we have moved away from the panic days for travel after 9/11 but all the cruise lines survived because they moved their ships around so that many cruisers could fly. And flying has gotten worse in the last few years.

I would think that having fewer ships in Miami and FLL would help some but then we would be starting this all over again. The facilities for the ships in those ports are obviously inadequate or you would think someoe would have ships there already. I suspect that PC is going to have a short lack of a 7 day ship. It's just what ship is it going to be that remains to answer :D

What do all of these things have in common? They're dead horses. Please, all, let's show a fine port like Port Canaveral the same respect we show the champion race horses named above and not beat that dead horse any further.

Port Canaveral is the most convenient "major" port for me, from Atlanta, where I have the opportunity to board top of the line ships. But RCI is a publicly traded corporation, in which I am a stockholder, and the homeporting of ships is management's business decision to make.

What do all of these things have in common? They're dead horses. Please, all, let's show a fine port like Port Canaveral the same respect we show the champion race horses named above and not beat that dead horse any further.

Port Canaveral is the most convenient "major" port for me, from Atlanta, where I have the opportunity to board top of the line ships. But RCI is a publicly traded corporation, in which I am a stockholder, and the homeporting of ships is management's business decision to make.

I believe your horse has already been euthanized earlier in this thread. :D

I really doubt after my thanksgiving cruise this year that I will be able to cruise RCCL without a 7 Day in PC. I hate to go back to Carnival but the Glory wasn't to bad 3 years ago. 2 cruises on Mariner though made me

really like RCCL. I might be able to get 1 more ride in 2008 though.

I really doubt after my thanksgiving cruise this year that I will be able to cruise RCCL without a 7 Day in PC. I hate to go back to Carnival but the Glory wasn't to bad 3 years ago. 2 cruises on Mariner though made me

really like RCCL. I might be able to get 1 more ride in 2008 though.

And hopefully Port C will get another ship in late 2009

Why did you leave out SEAbiscuit???:( ;)

Sherri I hope to get back on her too, I have left the beginning part of next year open, I have some land trips I plan on taking then so I am hoping to fit one more cruise on the mariner before she leaves. I cant wait to get back on her in august now, actually just cant wait to get back on her period lol!

I have my cruise schedule kind of set for the next two years, but I always leave doors open. I wasnt even supposed to be on this upcoming mariner cruise, but some friends talked me into joining them...but again, with the prices on the freedom class so high and the lack of the voyager choices I will probably opt for some land trips instead of cruising.

Sherri I hope to get back on her too, I have left the beginning part of next year open, I have some land trips I plan on taking then so I am hoping to fit one more cruise on the mariner before she leaves. I cant wait to get back on her in august now, actually just cant wait to get back on her period lol!

I have my cruise schedule kind of set for the next two years, but I always leave doors open. I wasnt even supposed to be on this upcoming mariner cruise, but some friends talked me into joining them...but again, with the prices on the freedom class so high and the lack of the voyager choices I will probably opt for some land trips instead of cruising.

Freedom prices like the Voyager prices will come down as soon as the Genesis comes out. I may also book a last hurrah on Mariner before she goes west. Then again as much as I hate Miami if a great deal on a Freedom cruise come available I'd book one just because Becky Luv Thomson is going to be CD (I have noticed Mariner's crew is getting slowly transfered off) Captain Johnny will probably get a Freedom Class soon as well. What made mariner so great was the crew. you transfer the best off and Mariner will become just another Voyager Class........ Now Liberty of the Seas will eventually be Mariner in a bigger ship :D

Sherri - I was actually meant to quote dagadget's comment about panic mode. No worries - I know everyone is anxious to know what the results will be.

As far as crew - who knows what crew will be where in 20-24 months from now? There will be many rotations of crew on all of the ships by then. I am confident that RCCL will make sure Mariner has a magnificent debut on the West Coast. I am even considering making the 6+ hour drive to welcome her when she comes into LA.

Tina if you are going to take the drive why don't you just sail with us on her west coast inaguaral on 2-22-09 with us? The $200 off coupon is still good!

Tina if you are going to take the drive why don't you just sail with us on her west coast inaguaral on 2-22-09 with us? The $200 off coupon is still good!

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind. My boss & my DH would have a fit. :rolleyes: We will have just spend the Christmas holiday's in Hawaii and we are booked for the 6/21/09 voyage. BUT I still might drive down to see you all off! :p

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind. My boss & my DH would have a fit. :rolleyes: We will have just spend the Christmas holiday's in Hawaii and we are booked for the 6/21/09 voyage. BUT I still might drive down to see you all off! :p

If you are coming out Tina......At least let us know if you are here and we can meet for Breakfast or something...A bunch of us are planning on spending the night before in Long Beach the night before!

Capt. Per hinted last week that another ship would be coming to replace Mariner, probably not the new Genisys class since they aren't out yet, time will tell.
Wsa that from Captain Per Kristofferson on Freedom -- there is also a Captain Per (Kjonso) on Adventurer? That sounds encouraging.

Not replacing Mariner would only broaden our horizons outside Royal Caribbean, which I'm really not inclined to do. I am completely happy with the way things are, but would cherish the opportunity to experience a Freedom class ship, as well. Having to travel the extra distance to Miami is something that makes us stop and take a second look at our travel plans. We don't even blink at Port Canaveral. It is quite the nice little setup! Don't leave us hanging!

Not replacing Mariner would only broaden our horizons outside Royal Caribbean, which I'm really not inclined to do. I am completely happy with the way things are, but would cherish the opportunity to experience a Freedom class ship, as well. Having to travel the extra distance to Miami is something that makes us stop and take a second look at our travel plans. We don't even blink at Port Canaveral. It is quite the nice little setup! Don't leave us hanging!

I do not think it is RCI's plan to keep us hanging. I think the timing on Genesis setting sail for the Port of Miami is the biggest unknown holding them back. But I supect that by this time next year we will know what is replacing Mariner and when it is happening. I suspect about October of 2009 Liberty of the Seas will call PC home. Freedom of the Seas is a backup. 6-9 months without a 7 night ship is painful but it's not going to kill anyone :D

Okay all you Mariner fans....I need your opinion. I am sailing on her 1st west coast sailing out here and need help with cabin selection...

D1 starboard corner aft #1388

E1 starboard corner aft #8390

E1 port corner aft #6688

best side of the ship going down the mexican riviera coast is port...but being aft I don't think it matters..

#1388 has an interesting shape to the cabin...and looks bigger but not sure about the balcony....

Okay now....help me out please!

Okay all you Mariner fans....I need your opinion. I am sailing on her 1st west coast sailing out here and need help with cabin selection...

E1 port corner aft #6688

best side of the ship going down the mexican riviera coast is port...but being aft I don't think it matters..

#1388 has an interesting shape to the cabin...and looks bigger but not sure about the balcony....

I'd take the D1..no questions asked.

E1 port corner aft #6688

Im surprised with all the excited West Coasters here on CC, that those cabins arent gone by now.....

E1 port corner aft #6688

You didn't mention the price differential between stateroom categories.

E1 port corner aft #6688

I have seen several other posts regarding 1388--it and 1688 seem to be prime real estate on the Voyager class ships. I would take it before someone else sees it is available.

Archived