Should I make the Owner's Suite Leap?

I am so addicted, this is awful ... or is it? :rolleyes:

Booked on Serenade, Balcony, Hump, Dec 07.

Looking at Mariner, Owner's Ste, Hump 1320, Dec 08 ... Figure that gives me 18 months to pay for it and the MSO can't get too upset when I spring it on him NEXT YEAR ... LOL

Help ! ! ! Will I be able to go back to a Balcony? Will I be able to keep the secret? Is this suite worth it? ... Who am I kidding ... :p

The real question, is if you will please adopt me?

if you can do it, GO FOR IT! How many times can you do that in your lifetime? How much fun would it be? You can host mega superb cocktail affairs on your MONDO balcony. If I could, I would. No hesitation about it.

You should definitely book the Owner's suite and you should keep it a secret!

That will be a great surprise!!

Fear of fears, MSO is not as keen on cruising as I am ... I had to practically threaten to vacation without him for the Dec 07 cruise ... LOL!

Guess I can always have a girls vacation if he bails :p

Looking at Mariner, Owner's Ste, Hump 1320, Dec 08 ... Figure that gives me 18 months to pay for it and the MSO can't get too upset when I spring it on him NEXT YEAR ... LOL

Help ! ! ! Will I be able to go back to a Balcony? Will I be able to keep the secret? Is this suite worth it? ... Who am I kidding ... :p

You pose interesting questions. Will you be able to go back to a balcony? Is it worth it?

I think you would be able to go back to a balcony on another cruise that goes to more important-port places such as Europe. You would then spend perhaps less time in your room plus the prices are much higher when cruising in Europe.

Taking an Owners Suite on a big ship like the Mariner in the Caribbean is a good thing because it will be a nice quiet oasis away from the crowds and noise of the big ship--something perhaps not as necessary on the Serenade.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

If you want a suite for the large balcony I highly recommend the Grand Suite instead of the owners’ suit. The balcony for the OS balcony is 64 sq ft and the GS’s is 95 sq ft. We actually down graded on our last cruise because it was the balcony size and not the cabin size that was most important to us. The GS is a fabulous cabin with plenty of space and tons of storage.

As for going back to an ordinary balcony….I’m not so sure. DH is still upset because only JS were available for our upcoming cruise. :D

If you want a suite for the large balcony I highly recommend the Grand Suite instead of the owners’ suit. The balcony for the OS balcony is 64 sq ft and the GS’s is 95 sq ft. We actually down graded on our last cruise because it was the balcony size and not the cabin size that was most important to us. The GS is a fabulous cabin with plenty of space and tons of storage.

As for going back to an ordinary balcony….I’m not so sure. DH is still upset because only JS were available for our upcoming cruise. :D

Owners Suite cruisers should pay close attention when booking on the Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure of the Seas: the Owners Suite balconies on these 3 ships are smaller than the balconies of the Grand Suites. However, on the Mariner and the Navigator this is not the case---the balconies were designed to be the full length of the room.

Do have a comparative look at the deck plans for clarification. :)

Leslie

Owners Suite cruisers should pay close attention when booking on the Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure of the Seas: the Owners Suite balconies on these 3 ships are smaller than the balconies of the Grand Suites. However, on the Mariner and the Navigator this is not the case---the balconies were designed to be the full length of the room.

Do have a comparative look at the deck plans for clarification. :)

Leslie

Thanks for clarifying that.:o

I’ll add to the caution. I got my first set of figures from a Royal Caribbean site. Then I went back to RCCL site and clicked on deck plans and then plans for Mariner.

It’s incredible that you can get conflicting information from the RCCL site!

On Mariner the OS balcony is 131 sq ft and the GS balcony is 89 sq st.

LAK - good point, planning Europe with DD in 2009 as her graduation present, thinking JS as she will probably bring a friend.

We're Booked ! ! Y'all convinced me :rolleyes: Now to keep the secret.

1 - Is 1320 a good choice? Looks like a really good location. 10th floor concerns me only for being underneath the pool (and MSO is afraid of heights, the extra sway may be a concern as well)

2 - Only other concern is that MSO will bail ... will just have to be a girls week :p

Now to start watching for price drops ... LOL

Are there any special perks that come with an Owner's Suite?

Here's the dilema I would have, and perhaps this does not apply to you:

I would rather take 2 cruises with "only" a balcony than 1 cruise with the owners suite. This of course implies that economics are a factor, which they would be for me.

I've not looked it up, but I suspect OS is x2 the price or more, of a balcony.

LAK - good point, planning Europe with DD in 2009 as her graduation present, thinking JS as she will probably bring a friend.

We're Booked ! ! Y'all convinced me :rolleyes: Now to keep the secret.

1 - Is 1320 a good choice? Looks like a really good location. 10th floor concerns me only for being underneath the pool (and MSO is afraid of heights, the extra sway may be a concern as well)

2 - Only other concern is that MSO will bail ... will just have to be a girls week :p

Are there any special perks that come with an Owner's Suite?

congrats on the OS--we had 1 on the Splendour--the BATHROOM is fabulous!!!! it was a great room.

As for perks--you will get access to Concierge Lounge, you get some snacks--(choco covered strawberries one day and cheese/fruit plate another) ours was a 4 day, so not sure about 7 day what else you might get snack wise; robes to use, slippers to keep; addtional toiletries

You do also "get" to pay higher gratuities, just so you know.;)

I don't know that you will have a problem going back to a reg balcony. Now going from balcony to OV, well that is a waaaaay different thing, for us anyway.

Good luck keeping the secret

I know our steward brought our luggage into our cabin.

I would rather take 2 cruises with "only" a balcony than 1 cruise with the owners suite. This of course implies that economics are a factor, which they would be for me.

that's a great point and cetainly a gfactor for us. my bil just surprised my sisters and I and paid for it:D

So Applies To ME ! ! ! LOL ! ! !

Unfortunately, Once DD goes to college, I do believe my cruising days will be over for some time to come. Have to get in all the perks I can, while I can ... and I've come to realize I now have Cruising Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (COCD) :o

There's a fair chance that this will be cancelled ... depends on the bonus and tax refund at the end of the year ... LOL ... You do however make a great point regarding the 2 for 1 ... unfortunately, I really only have a small window with which to indulge :cool: If I could manage 2 cruises a year (last year was an exception) I would be on that so fast ....

We've done balcony...jr. suite...GS and we are taking an OS on LOS in three weeks...

however we had to go back to balcony for our Med. cruise next year....we are getting DD her own cabin connecting to ours.

A little bummed out not to have concierge but doing two balcony cabins is as far as we are willing to go.

A GS + a balcony would be way way over the top.

Owner's Swuite doesn't hold that much appeal to me. It would be nice; don't get me wrong. For the cruise I'm booked on, though, the difference between the Deluxe Balcony I booked and an OS is $2720!! I can't imagine that it would enhance my cruise experience THAT much. Now, if they'd want to upgrade me to an OS . . . :D

We were just in an Owner's Suite on Enchantment and it was AWESOME. The bathroom alone is worth it. The storage space, the curtains seperating the area's, the doorbell, the lighting controls, you name it, it was worth every penny!

If you can go for it, do it. I did peek into a Grand Suite (also looked in the Royal Suite) and it was nice. The bathroom is not half as big, no separate shower and the interior was nice. But in my humble opinion there is no comparison. I would rather travel a little less and have the better suite. It really was amazing!

But how come my concierge key no longer works in any of my doors? And when will room service deliver our afternoon snack....and were is my nightly towel animal sitting on my compass for tomorrow? Oh...I miss it...

Well you all are in a totally different price arena then I am...we got a steal on a balcony last year and that was great, but $3k extra? My husband is into expensive watches, so I am sure he would use that money towards a new watch and not the bigger room.

So Applies To ME ! ! ! LOL ! ! !

Unfortunately, Once DD goes to college, I do believe my cruising days will be over for some time to come. Have to get in all the perks I can, while I can ... and I've come to realize I now have Cruising Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (COCD) :o

Hello my name is Brenda and I FINALLY know what I have---

COCD!!!! NOT to be confused with CCOCD----Cruise CRitics OCD

I love it:p

Cost is always an issue, the only way I could possible do this is to book so far in advance. And looking at the other cabins, not so sure I could get such a sweet location :p

We only get one vacation a year and my DH wants it to be as nice as possible! We drive Fords and vacation in Suites! I guess it is just how people prefer to spend their money. :D

When people say --- I wouldn't spend extra money on a better room...we're never in the room...my DH says.....well maybe that's why!

seriously, it's all about what's important at the time.

For what is is worth, we had cabin 1320 on the Explorer a couple of years ago. We upgraded from a Cat C to the Owners Suite for a mere $400.

Great cabin location. Right off the elevators. 42" plasma TV which rotates between the bedroom and seating area. Double sinks, full size shower, whirlpool tub, bar counter, Bose surround system, great balcony. We really enjoyed it.

We also had a Family Suite on the back of the Grand Princess but we enjoyed the Owners Suite on the Explorer much better.

I am not sure of your upgrade cost but an OS is really a treat.

One of my dear friends, who posts on CC, said, "My husband and I always get a suite. We spend a lot of time in our room. A lot of time." Then they passed the most loving look between them. I didn't know whether to be touched, or icked out! LOL! They've been married twenty plus years. If sailing in a suite makes for a marriage as stong as theirs, I say, bring on the suite!

Archived