Dilemma.....advice needed

Hey Gang,

I have a fun little dliemma that i could use some advice/opinions on.

I am going on a cruise in September. I am trying to decide which one to take. Here is the situation:

I can either take the 6 Day Western Carribean on the Liberty or the 8 day Eastern Carribean on the Miracle.

Things to consider:

1. I dont care about the ports. I have been to all of them so something will be duplicated no matter what.

2. We live in New York, so no plane fare is needed for the Miracle

My issue is that I would rather take an 8 day cruise (obviously!!) and must have a balcony room. (there are no balcony rooms available on the 8 day Liberty in September), but I also want the newest, best, cleanest ship.....

So its either an 8 day on an older ship, or go for only 6 days but get the newest ship....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????

MIRACLE 8 DAY!!!! :D

We loved the Miracle. We cruised her a year ago, and she's a great ship. I don't think you have to worry about cleanliness ~ she was in great shape a year ago.

I would always choose an 8 day over a 6 day if given the choice.

Have fun! :D

Oh, and welcome to CC! :)

Hey Gang,

I have a fun little dliemma that i could use some advice/opinions on.

I am going on a cruise in September. I am trying to decide which one to take. Here is the situation:

I can either take the 6 Day Western Carribean on the Liberty or the 8 day Eastern Carribean on the Miracle.

Things to consider:

1. I dont care about the ports. I have been to all of them so something will be duplicated no matter what.

My issue is that I would rather take an 8 day cruise (obviously!!) and must have a balcony room. (there are no balcony rooms available on the 8 day Liberty in September), but I also want the newest, best, cleanest ship.....

So its either an 8 day on an older ship, or go for only 6 days but get the newest ship....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????

8 day Eastern Carribean on the Miracle. I haven't cruised her either, but it's 8 days instead of 6 and you don't have to pay for airfare.

8 day would be my vote. You can always check back around final pmt date to see if a balcony cabin opens up and upgrade then.

I think (if I'm reading her post right) that there are balconies available on the Miracle, it's the Liberty 8 day that has no balconies available. She wants a newer ship, so she would prefer Liberty over Miracle.

By the way, OP, Liberty is only 1 year newer than Miracle, so probably not going to be a big difference there. Good luck! :)

Ket me know how you make out. We are flying to Miami in August because we wanted a newer ship but now that I am reading daily on these blogs..people love the Miracle. We want another cruise next year and we will be in the same boat as you (no pun intended):)

I've done both & much prefer the Liberty over Miracle. Love those Conquest class ships & the big screen over the pool. I didn't care for the Spirit class Miracle but many people love it.

No airfare would be the clincher for me.

the miracle. but only if you like a lot of sea days. and perhaps rough sea days at that in sept ;)

We did the Legend out of NY last September and the water going out of NY and coming back in was def. rough. We didn't get sick thankfully, but there were quite a few people who did.

On the other hand, leaving out of NY was really easy... especially since we're close. It's a tough call...

I was on the Liberty 1 1/2 years ago. I loved the ship. I am going on the Miracle in November but I have already been on other Spirit class ships. I LOVE the Spirit class ships. I did love the big screen on the Liberty but my favorite is still Spirit Class. No flying is really the key here, plus the two extra days. I did the Legend twice out of New York. I wouldn't even get off the ship to see Tortola again. If you've already seen all the ports already on each itinerary, I would go for the Miracle.

I think (if I'm reading her post right) that there are balconies available on the Miracle, it's the Liberty 8 day that has no balconies available. She wants a newer ship, so she would prefer Liberty over Miracle.

By the way, OP, Liberty is only 1 year newer than Miracle, so probably not going to be a big difference there. Good luck! :)

I stated that the 8 day would be my choice and advised that since balconies aren't currently available that they might open up when final pmt is due thus allowing for the OP to upgrade to the balcony that they wanted. I never mentioned the Miracle in my post. :confused:

Hey Gang,

Things to consider:

If there is a hurricane coming up the east coast and you are going out of NY - they made decide to do a Canada cruise to avoid the storm. This happened to a friend of mine, and he was quite a bit dissapointed.

If you are in Florida and there is a storm, they have more Carribean alternatives to avoid a hurricane.

FWIW . . . .

I stated that the 8 day would be my choice and advised that since balconies aren't currently available that they might open up when final pmt is due thus allowing for the OP to upgrade to the balcony that they wanted. I never mentioned the Miracle in my post. :confused:

I apologize. I read the OP's post wrong. I thought she was NOT considering the Liberty because it didn't have balconies available.

Archived