Two questions about NCL MasterCard

josetann

I've searched and found answers for all but two of my questions about the NCL MasterCard.

First question, can I still apply a $500 certificate to my account if final payment has already been made? OBC would be perfectly fine to me.

Second question, do I have to wait until the statement cuts to use the points, or could I use the points that have been accumulated since the last statement. For example, if my last statement showed 480 points, and I've spent enough to get another 20 points, can I go ahead and call to redeem or do I have to wait for the next statement to come out?

Main reason I'm asking, is I should have enough points by my July statement for a $500 certificate, but final payment is due the end of July. If I can apply a certificate after final payment, or can redeem points in the middle of the July statement period, then I'll be fine.

Thanks!

I've searched and found answers for all but two of my questions about the NCL MasterCard.

First question, can I still apply a $500 certificate to my account if final payment has already been made? OBC would be perfectly fine to me.

Second question, do I have to wait until the statement cuts to use the points, or could I use the points that have been accumulated since the last statement. For example, if my last statement showed 480 points, and I've spent enough to get another 20 points, can I go ahead and call to redeem or do I have to wait for the next statement to come out?

Main reason I'm asking, is I should have enough points by my July statement for a $500 certificate, but final payment is due the end of July. If I can apply a certificate after final payment, or can redeem points in the middle of the July statement period, then I'll be fine.

Thanks!

You can submit the certificates after final payment, up until the cruise date......they will credit your credit card the amount of the certificate, but will not issue any OBC.

From what I have been told you have to wait until your closing date for your statement before calling for the certificates. If you check on-line it will tell you what your statement closing date is.

Thanks!

You can use the $500 after final payment, but I've never heard of it being applied as OBC... only as a credit to your credit card account.

You have to wait until the statement date in order to get the proper points, as the Customer Service people cannot see points that haven't yet been awarded.

One other thing I've heard....yes you can send it in and as said you should get a credit....BUT the total amt they'll accept on these is limited to the total price of the cruise.

ie: if your cruise is (for instance) $1900 total and you send in a total of $2000 in certificates, you'll lose $100

Of course I heard this prior to BoA taking over the NCL card. So I could be totally off my nut. (hey, it's happened)

Archived