Journey vs. Explorer

japy

We are considering canceling a booking on board the EOS and booking on the Journey. EOS is a 5 day and it just does not seem long enough. I would appreciate opinions especially if you have sailed both.

We are cruising to Bermuda 6/23 on Journey. We have taken the 5 days to Bermuda on Explorer 2 years ago. It was way too short.:( You really only have 1 1/2 days and are docked out at King's Wharf at the Royal Naval Dock Yards. Our other 3 trips to Bermuda were 7 days and we spent some time at Hamilton which is more centrally located. Our childen were disappointed to have such a short time in Bermuda after they had experienced a 7 day cruise. I would not go on such a large ship again for only 5 days. I will let you know how we liked Journey when we return!:)

We are considering canceling a booking on board the EOS and booking on the Journey. EOS is a 5 day and it just does not seem long enough. I would appreciate opinions especially if you have sailed both.

Like comparing night and day. You can't compare them to each other. TOTALLY different ships and experiences. Talk to a travel agent who can fit you to the best one for you.

They are very different ships and experiences. Explorer of the Seas is a large mainstream ship geared toward families. Journey is a small upscale ship. Even though Journey is more upscale, if you are traveling with children you are probably better off with Explorer of the Seas.

They sure are like night and day! We were on the EOS last September and the ship is a monster in comparison to the Journey which we just recently sailed. The 5 day cruise to Bermuda on EOS was just a tease and we had been to Bermuda 3 times before. We like docking in Hamilton and St Georges, but the Journey isn't the only game in town. I'm with others who have recommended seeing a travel agent or doing a lot more research into all the cruise ships before booking.

We sailed on the Explorer of the Seas in March 2007. It was our 18th cruise - 7th on Royal Caribbean - and worst cruise experience. In addition to being toooo big, service was lacking, had a nasty maitr'd who was very difficult when we questioned not being seated with friends for dinner, even though we put in the request 5 months before sailing. Ended up at 4 different dinner tables during the cruise. Our aft cabin had 50 feet of deck beyond it, so paying extra for a jr. suite/balcony cabin was a waste since we were too far back to enjoy any sort of "water view." Ended up never using the balcony. They were out of at least a dozen wines that were on their wine list. Service was lacking. Had always had good experience with RCCL, but not on Explorer. Have sailed on Celebrity 8 times so far. They are our favorite - truly several notches above RCCL as far as food & service go. Booked on Journey 8/07. Hoping the Journey will live up to their expectations once all the kinks are ironed out.

Archived