Snorkel Gear

Lisa NJ

Like most everyone else, we bring our own, but one thing that hasn't been metioned is the vest. Some places require you to use their vest and they have to be blown up. We buy individual alcohol pads to wipe the mouth piece down with. You can get these in any drug store or of course Wal-Mart.

Oh, good point about the vest...I just as soon not wear one...but if it is required...good idea to bring the alcohol pads!

Thanks for mentioning this!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts!:)

My DS wants to take a beginners dive (13 yrs old)...well, actually, he wants to take the "normal dive". I explained the C-Card and classes involved...

What ever you do, make sure you rub the inside of your new mask with toothpaste and remove that film out of it because the new masks will fog up causing you to flood them every few minutes to get them cleared while under water. Those Defogging gels don't work as good as good old spit.

Padi Advance / Rescue Diver

Fred

Body Glove sets I got on amazon for like $20. We're thinking of investing in some flippers for our next cruise.

I got some defogger drops ($5 at a local dive shop...decent sized bottle. Will probably end up being "lifetime supply" because of how infrequently we're able to cruise, LOL), because apparently my spit isn't "potent" enough, LOL. DH's is though. :D

Hey Fred, is it too late to do the toothpaste thing? We've only used our sets twice for a few hours. ???

What ever you do, make sure you rub the inside of your new mask with toothpaste and remove that film out of it because the new masks will fog up causing you to flood them every few minutes to get them cleared while under water. Those Defogging gels don't work as good as good old spit.

Padi Advance / Rescue Diver

Fred

Thanks so much for the idea. :) You know, we dove many years back...it is all coming back to me, now...wait a minute that is a song...hahahah

Hey Fred, is it too late to do the toothpaste thing? We've only used our sets twice for a few hours. ???

Never too late, right before a cruise or a dive trip in town I take my mask out while watching T.V. and give it a good rub down inside with toothpaste.

Fred

The local dive shop went out of business, so I got good equipment for a pretty reasonable price. It's necessary for me because I have a really sensitive mouth, and cheap (hard) mouthpieces make it too uncomfortable for me to snorkel for long. I'm contemplating renting fins even though we have our own on our next cruise because we really have enough to pack already.

Archived