Hotels that overlook Port Everglades???

djbloch

I am looking for a hotel that overlooks the port, I enjoy waking up early to watch the ships come. Does anybody have any tips??? Or is there any way I can get a hotel room that overlooks the opening of the port so I can watch the ships come in/out?? Thanks! :)

I am looking for a hotel that overlooks the port, I enjoy waking up early to watch the ships come. Does anybody have any tips??? Or is there any way I can get a hotel room that overlooks the opening of the port so I can watch the ships come in/out?? Thanks! :)

Hyatt Pier 66 and the Embassy Suites have rooms with views of the port. You can walk on the beach south of the Lago Mar to the inlet and watch the ships come and go. ;)

Hyatt Pier 66 and the Embassy Suites have rooms with views of the port. You can walk on the beach south of the Lago Mar to the inlet and watch the ships come and go. ;)

Does anyone know exactly what view you have from the Hyatt? Just wondering if the ships just sail past then go out of sight or can you actually see them when docked? I am trying to figure out if the view/room is worth the current rate.

In Galveston there is a hotel right next to the terminal and the ship sails right past and is docked just a few hundred yards down so that is the view I would be comparing to.

Also are there any local restaurants, entertainment, etc. within walking distance of the Hyatt? We are flying in and I don't really want to rent a car.

Thank you in advance for any help with my questions.

Does anyone know exactly what view you have from the Hyatt? Just wondering if the ships just sail past then go out of sight or can you actually see them when docked?

You can see them docked and as they sail away

Also are there any local restaurants, entertainment, etc. within walking distance of the Hyatt? We are flying in and I don't really want to rent a car.

If your staying between Thursday and Sunday you can utilize the Sun Trolley service that runs past the hotel. To the west it will take you to all of the shops and restaurants on S.E. 17th Street. To the east it will take you along the beach to Las Olas Boulevard where there are many fine shops and restaurants. All for 50 cents.

[/color][/b]

You can see them docked and as they sail away

If your staying between Thursday and Sunday you can utilize the Sun Trolley service that runs past the hotel. To the west it will take you to all of the shops and restaurants on S.E. 17th Street. To the east it will take you along the beach to Las Olas Boulevard where there are many fine shops and restaurants. All for 50 cents.

Thanks so much for such a quick answer. This cruise is a surprise for my DH and DD. I let DH book our pre-cruise hotel for Galveston and I got the nastiest room I have ever been in. I wouldn't even take a shower in it. :mad: I am going to have a nice room with a good view so I am doing all of the booking this time. :) I am an early riser so I would probably be up at daylight watching for the ships to come in. Actually watching for "my" ship to come in. Thanks again for the help.

Here's a satellite view of where the Hyatt is and Port Everglades. Be sure to book a tower room facing south. The Pier 66 is one of my favorite places for quick weekend getaways. ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?num=10&ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=26.102306,-80.116596&spn=0.014182,0.019956&t=k&z=16&om=1&msid=111808212097114498924.00000113081915707a25a

Here's a satellite view of where the Hyatt is and Port Everglades. Be sure to book a tower room facing south. The Pier 66 is one of my favorite places for quick weekend getaways. ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?num=10&ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=26.102306,-80.116596&spn=0.014182,0.019956&t=k&z=16&om=1&msid=111808212097114498924.00000113081915707a25a

Wonderful! - Great information - thanks again. It is so helpful to have you there to give good information to those traveling to your area. So the ships come in from that cut that I can see to the south and east and head to the pier?

So the ships come in from that cut that I can see to the south and east and head to the pier?

Yes. Besides the great views from the Pier 66 tower another great vantage point is from the beach on the north side of the inlet. Even better is from the rock jetty accessible through the state park. If you go to the end you can practically touch them as they go by. ;)

Yes. Besides the great views from the Pier 66 tower another great vantage point is from the beach on the north side of the inlet. Even better is from the rock jetty accessible through the state park. If you go to the end you can practically touch them as they go by. ;)

Thanks again - after looking at the things you gave me I think we will probably need to rent a car. With my corporate discount it is only about $30. I saw that there is a ship leaving on that Friday and if we get there in time, DD would love to go to the park and watch it as it sails away.

Awesome photos!

Anyone have any opinions on Pier 66, good or bad, that they'd be willing to divulge?

DW and I are still contemplating pre and post lodging.

Thanks!

The Hyatt Pier 66 has many favorable reviews on these boards. For what it's worth living here in paradise I still like a quick get away now and then. The Hyatt Pier 66 has always filled that need for me. Situated on 22 lush tropical acres, bordered by the intracoastal and million dollar yachts in their marina it's perfect. Two huge pools with waterfalls, a rather large hot tub, tiki bar serving the freshest ahi tuna in town, hmmm time to go back.

The hotel recently went through a complete multi million dollar renovation. All new beds and bedding and linens(too many threads to count), window treatments, flat screen tv's, new carpeting among other updates. The Lanai (garden) rooms are still my favorite.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending this property to anyone. Even the water taxi has a stop there. Fifteen minutes from the airport, 5 minutes from the port. The Sun Trolley runs by to take you to the beach or Las Olas Boulevard for shopping and dining. It'll take you to the nearby SE 17th Street shops as well. All for 50 cents.

Of all the hotels in FLL this resort is only second to one, that being The Lago Mar. ;)

Awesome photos!

Anyone have any opinions on Pier 66, good or bad, that they'd be willing to divulge?

DW and I are still contemplating pre and post lodging.

Thanks!

I have researched many reviews and most are great for this resort. You can check them at Tripadvisor.com

I do a lot of research when planning a trip - here is the link to the official resort photos. My DD is going to love this pool.:)

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=2127&icamp=corpPhotoGallery

Bequia - The view shown in the above picture that I found is the view that I was looking for. Thanks again for your help in making my choice. I called the hotel back and had them add a note to my reservation concerning the Southern view and higher floor. ;)

[url=http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/gallery/photos.jsp?hotelId=2127&icamp=corpPhotoGallery][/url]

Thanks for the info. I guess one concern I had is reading where they tack on a bunch of additional charges. Really good rates for the time period I'm looking though, so even with the possibility of "loading", may still be a competitive price. ;)

Unfortunately 'tack-ons' are fast becoming the rule not the exception in the hotel industry. More prevelant in the resort market but even the main stream hotels are expanding on fees and surcharges to bolster their bottom lines. Google "hotel fees" and you'll come across lots of articles as to where the industry is heading. I wonder if they're taking the concept from the cruise industry? :o

Archived