Do you bring your own beach towel?

Bring a towel?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Bring a towel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other? explain please

I bought a neat item at Walmart this summer. It's a round headrest with a towel attached to it. It rolls up tight with a carrying strap. It's foam so it will conform to long, thin suitcase areas. But, we are driving to Port Canaveral next year, so we can pack a little more!! :eek:

Jacquelyn :D

My family likes to snorkel so we bring a mesh duffle bag with all our gear in it. Included in that bag are towels, sunscreen and 2 floats! We check the duffle bag on the plane and stow it in the closet once on board. When I'm on the ship, I only use ship towels.

After all the talk about charging for lost pool/beach towels, we took 2 inexpensive towels on our cruise last year. Used them at CocoCay so we could spot our beach chairs easier. I'd rather use a cheap towel of my own to "mark" my chair instead of having to pay $20 because someone lost their towel and decided to snatch mine up so they didn't have to pay for theirs.

After all the talk about charging for lost pool/beach towels, we took 2 inexpensive towels on our cruise last year. Used them at CocoCay so we could spot our beach chairs easier. I'd rather use a cheap towel of my own to "mark" my chair instead of having to pay $20 because someone lost their towel and decided to snatch mine up so they didn't have to pay for theirs.

We do the same thing as KellyJean. I don't want to be held responsible for someone else's irresponsibility. It doesn't take up that much room, because I use the bags that you can squeeze the air out of.

We do take beachtowels...for most of the reasons stated above.

A new idea for us: on our most recent cruise the wind kept whipping the tops of our towels and smacking us in the face. To solve the problem I went to the cabin and brought back two of our 2 inch wide elastic luggage identification straps. I put them around the top of the chair and towel and solved the problem. I couldn't believe I had actually experienced a creative thought while relaxing on a cruise. Now that we are home we have started taking the straps with us to the beach on windy days.

I do take my own beach towel and I am not a CHAIR HOG and take offense that anyone thinks that people bring theirs to hog a chair.

I wrap my smuggled booze in it and I like to spot my chair on the ship and on the beach. I also use it on my chaise on my balcony.

A new idea for us: on our most recent cruise the wind kept whipping the tops of our towels and smacking us in the face. To solve the problem I went to the cabin and brought back two of our 2 inch wide elastic luggage identification straps. I put them around the top of the chair and towel and solved the problem. I couldn't believe I had actually experienced a creative thought while relaxing on a cruise. Now that we are home we have started taking the straps with us to the beach on windy days.

What a GREAT idea! Thanks!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

CaptJack,

Great idea about the bubble wrap! :) I typically don't buy that many fragile things, but since I had my beach towel with me already, that's why I started using it to "pad" the breakable items.

I'm one of those over-packers, so of course I took some of my older beach towels with me. Since our cabin steward neglected to provide us with beach towels the day we got to Cozumel, it was one of my better moves.

And we had the added bonus of easily spotting our stuff at Chakkenaab (I'm sure I spelled that wrong).

I'm one of those over-packers, so of course I took some of my older beach towels with me. Since our cabin steward neglected to provide us with beach towels the day we got to Cozumel, it was one of my better moves.

And we had the added bonus of easily spotting our stuff at Chakkenaab (I'm sure I spelled that wrong).

You can ALWAYS get beach towels! Just call your room steward and/or HOUSEKEEPING! They'll even bring extras if you wish!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived