Celebrity and Rccl are also not going to allow discounting.

StefanieMS

There are threads on all the cruise boards trying to clarify this. Most agree that it only has to do with travel agencies and advertising and that the lower prices are still there. However, I have had sever e-mails from online agencies saying the deals were going to end monday. I just do not think this is true.

KKORMAN I really don't think so either. As long as they don't advertise to take business away from others, I don't think they can stop it. How would they know what I paid for my cruise. My Doc's say one thing, but I paid 10% less. My agency doesn't advertise much, an occassional e-mail, but they only show group rates, otherwise you have to email them for a quote. Guess I just gave my agency away without ever naming them:D .

Stefanie

When I give my credit card # to my travel agent he then furnishes the info to the cruise line. My credit card statements always list the cruise line, not the travel agency. So the cruise line does know how much I'm paying. I would have to pay the rate the cruise line is getting and then receive a refund from the agent's commission in order for the cruise line not to know about a lower rate. Is there another way it works?

Good question! I really didn't pay attention to who I paid on my CC for this cruise. I do remember last time I paid Celebrity, not the travel agency (different agency). I do know I did not receive a refund, so I'm assuming I paid the Agency. I will check though, because now you have me curious.

Stefanie

Mr. Dickenson said in a n interview that they can't monitor the interaction of 2 people (client and TA), but they can monitor advertising. Whether this makes it okay to rebate is still up in the air.

Archived