Did anyone order anniversary gifts not from Princess?

heyall

We are cruising on Crown and i looked over all of the anniversary packages from Princess and they are very expensive. Did anyone use any "outside" companies for the reasonably priced anniversary gifts? Were you happy with the results? Thank you

I received one once from an outside company that was sent to us on the ship. We found out when we arrived home and contacted the sender to thank them, that the wrong item was sent. It kept us from ever using an outside company to send any gifts after that.

I did contact the company and they did replace the gift with the correct one, a couple of months after we got home. :(

My husband ordered an anniversary package for us last February. This is what he ordered:

Deluxe Anniversary Package

Princess Cruises Anniversary Experience

Item #1102 $420 per couple

spacer.gifOne bottle of champagne in your stateroom accompanied by two long-stemmed roses.

Two Princess Cruises engraved souvenir champagne glasses.

A framed formal portrait.

Chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to your stateroom the first evening you arrive onboard.

A personalized anniversary or honeymoon card from the Captain—a commemorative keepsake of your celebration.

spacer.gifChampagne breakfast in bed—a half bottle of French champagne delivered with breakfast in your stateroom the morning of your choice.

Two Princess Cruises waffle robes—a gift for you to take home.

A visit to the Spa—one 30 minute therapeutic massage or facial per person.

Choice of canapés or petits fours in your stateroom on selected evenings.

A personalized invitation from the Captain to visit the bridge while in port.spacer.gif

When we got on board the Diamond Princess, there was a bottle of champagne (not on ice) and two engraved champagne flutes (very nice keepsake). Next to is was a bud vase with two roses which were kind of droopy.

There were also two robes packaged in plastic (which I took home and use regularly) and a voucher for a formal portrait, canapes (which you had to call room service for - you told them what night you wanted them) and champagne breakfast in bed (which didn't impress me). There was also a voucer for a spa visit. The way that worked is they give us $160 to use any way we wanted in the spa. My husband didn't want to go, so I used it. I waited until the spa treatments went on sale and used it for a massage and facial combo and a haircut. Tip was not included.

We also received an invitation (as did about 20 other people) to visit the bridge and meet with the captain. As an engineer, my husband thought this was great.

My overall impression was that the cost of this package was not worth it. The champagne breakfest in bed was okay as it's not the "special breakfast". It's your basic eggs and bacon and continental stuff and a small bottle of very cheap champagne. The visit to the spa was nice treat as was the visit to the bridge. But next time, we are ordering the less expensive special occasion package, and ordering the special breakfast in bed for another $50. I doubt I'll go back to the spa.

Honeymoon/Anniversay Experience

Item #1106 $140 per couple

spacer.gifOne bottle of champagne in your stateroom accompanied by two long-stemmed roses.

Two Princess Cruises engraved souvenir champagne glasses.

A framed formal portrait.

Chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to your stateroom the first evening you arrive onboard.

A personalized anniversary or honeymoon card from the Captain—a commemorative keepsake of your celebration.spacer.gif

There is also a Special Occasion package that includes breakfast in bed - don't know how much that is, but I'll venture to say that's its about the same price. If you go to the Princess website, you'll find more information.

Good luck.

My husband and I tried to order from an outside company that was suppose to cater to cruise line deliverys. We kept waiting and never received anything. When we got home we call the company and we're told they we unable to deliver to the ship. We did get our money back, but no flowers or champagne. When we order just flower we have gotten them about 95% of the time. I just can figure out most of the time why the flowers were deliver to our room on the second day of the cruise.

I believe the reason my husband ordered the package from the cruise line was because he was not able to find a company with a good record who could do so for less. It's was too much money, but a very sweet surprise and very much appreciated. Only after the fact did I begin to really look at what you get with the package - and I would never say aything to my husband regarding the price or about the items I do so here - he has a hard time being romantic, and I want to keep encouraging him!

That being said, you guys can order champagne for embarkation and even pre-pay for the spa. You can even pre-order bathrobes and flowers. What you can't get are pre-paid picture vouchers. But you can always call in some ship board credit which comes with a greeting!

Archived