Golfing Sandy Lane?

CelebrationFamily

My husband (a big Tiger Woods fan and a golf fan in general) would like to golf Sandy Lane (the Resort where Tiger got married.) during our cruise this fall. I'd like to hear from anyone who's actually done this...cost of the taxi, time from the Pier to the Resort, quality of the rental clubs, etc.

I plan to use the spa while my husband is golfing. Any input is welcome!

TIA!

I would urge you to contact the resort to make sure it can be done. They are very closed when it comes to outsiders (sorry don't mean to sound rude) using the facilites. Expect to pay an arm and 3 legs for the privalage at both golf and spa..

travel time from port about 1/2 hour (maybe less)..thats just because of the traffic and road system. Can't help on the other things.. rental cost, taxi cost etc..

I played the lower course years ago (when it was the only course).. but that was about 12 years ago.

Thanks, Sunni!

I've already contacted the resort. There is no problem with booking spa treatments or golf...the spa manager forwarded the treatment menu and the golf club manager forwarded course information. They both responded quickly and professionally to my inquiry.

As far as the cost being an "arm and a leg!", I agree! As far as I'm concerned, it is CRAZY. My husband generally lets me plan our vacations and is happy to simply show up and do whatever I have planned. This time, however, when he saw that the cruise stops in Barbados, Sandy Lane was his first (and only) request. He REALLY wants to golf that course...so Sandy Lane, here we come!

Has anyone else visitd the Resort...especially the golf course(s) and the spa? TIA! :-)

You're right, Sunnie.....We seem to only regret the things that we didn't do, rather than appreciate the things that we did....

To the OP: The Green Monkey is SL's newest course reserved for guests and residents but the Old Nine and the Country Club course are quite nice, too.

If you do win the lottery (please come back and spend a week) before you cruise, reserve a room at Sandy. They'll pick you up at the dock in their stretch Mercedes (yes, Tiger rode in this from the airport) and you won't have to pay a taxi.

Let your hunny play the GM while you spa, then have lunch together. Tony Blair did this five times last year (they let him play the GM even though he was staying at Cliff Richards place)..... Do you think he knew someone...? ;)

If you went to Monaco, Atlantic City, Las Vegas, etc, you'd spend this much money and never remember it. A full day at SL is one of the things that dreams are made of. Dreams that are remembered.

God Bless and have a wonderful time. :)

• 3 years later...

Archived