Boozin' Cruisin' Review ~ Mariner of the Seas ~ May 27, 2007

Great review, Sheila! I felt like I was there...wishful thinking...

I'm so sorry you had to miss CocoCay...that waverunner tour is the best!:D

Thanks, Lisa! Yes, the waverunner tour is awesome. We did it in Aug. when were on the Sovereign. It was scary and fun at the same time. I wish you could've been on the cruise also.

Loved the review! THANK YOU.

Question about the Waverunner Tour in Coco Cay . . . how was that exactly? It will be my husband and I and our 2 kids (16 & 10). None of us have ever done a waverunner. Also, do you know if we would be able to ride together or separately or how it works . . .?

(Sorry, I do not mean to hijack your thread. It just sounded like some folks here know about it!)

Great review Sheila, thoroughly enjoyed my time on the Mariner, she's a great ship. Believe me, Bolero's is even more fun after you learn a little Salsa and Cha-Cha, and when I was on Mariner, I knew very little. Nice to chat with you again.

For those asking about Becky, I know the dates sound crazy as they are not on Sunday which is the days the ships go in/out but I asked her twice and she gave me the same answer. She may have been mistaken though. I also agree with builderman, no replacement named.

Tim

Question about the Waverunner Tour in Coco Cay . . . how was that exactly? It will be my husband and I and our 2 kids (16 & 10). None of us have ever done a waverunner. Also, do you know if we would be able to ride together or separately or how it works . . .?

When DH & I went (mind you, this was 5 years ago, so I don't know if things have changed!), we shared a waverunner...started at 8:00 am, with a little movie/safety talk beforehand. I think doing it first thing in the am was good for us, because the water was very calm.

The guide told us it was fast, and he was right! Basically you crank up to about 45 mph right away in a single file line, and visit different pretty spots around the island. About halfway through, he gave us a chance to swap "drivers".

DH & I had never done a waverunner either...the line sorts itself out by those who want to go faster near the front & the slower ones toward the back. The guide waits for everyone before moving on to the next point, and if anyone falls, everyone stops. DH almost changed his mind about letting me drive the second half...it does take some strength & concentration at that speed, especially when doing maneuvers around the wakes. He said afterward that I actually did just fine...maybe even better than he did...:cool:

It was, to overuse a word, awesome. The water was gorgeous. If I'm not mistaken, there is an age limit for driving the waverunner, but I don't remember what it is. But you can put one or two people on each one.

We spent the rest of the day snorkeling, playing volleyball, eating...out of all the excursions we've done, that waverunner tour on CocoCay is our favorite.

Hope that helps! Enjoy!

Loved the review! THANK YOU.

(Sorry, I do not mean to hijack your thread. It just sounded like some folks here know about it!)

Lisa answered your questions, but I wanted to add....you will have a blast! It is so much fun!!!!!! :D

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and post about my review. I'm sure going to miss the Mariner when she repos to CA.

[/quote]

I went to Vintages everyday :o We loved it. They have free appetizers between 5:30 - 8 (or 5-8:30 don't remember which one).

Did you have any specific questions?

This is one of the best reviews.. Many thanks for posting.

The above sounds good.What do you get for free?

Nikki. x

Thanks for all the great information about the Wave Runner Tour. We booked it for my husband and teenage daughter and I KNOW they are going to have a blast! I really appreciate all your insight!

Archived