David's Supper Club

Is there a way to find out what night they are serving lobster on formal night? We are planning on eating at David's on one of the formal nights but we certainly don't want to eat there on the night they are serving lobster. Also, does the menu at David's vary, or is it pretty much the same each night? What are some of their entrees? Can you get lobster whatever night you go there? As you can see I love lobster. Even living here on the West coast I never tire of it. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Formal always fall on the Second Night. The Menu at Supper Club is the same every night. We go up on the day that they are serving Snails down in the Dining room.

Fred

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have a sample of the menu for David's? We are considering going on the 2nd formal night - even though that means missing lobster. But I understand that it will be worth missing it for. :)

Menu? Anyone?

Here is the menu for the supper club. It is fleetwide.

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Supper_Club

Davids is awesome, highly recommend it...We went on the Tuesday night which I thought was perfect, it was a day at sea, but not the formal lobster night, the fact that Tuesday was "french" night (our least favorite) in the dining room was just the extra bonus....enjoy...

Suzie,

They only server lobster on the first formal night which is usually the 2nd night of the cruise (your mileage may vary).

Barry

Thanks Barry. If I remember right, lobster was served on the 2nd formal night on the Pride when we sailed in January. If it is the 1st one this time, then it will be an extra bonus. :) As it sounds like that might be the case. Woo Hoo! I won't complain. Thanks!! :D But it also appears to be on the David's menu, which means I might get lobster TWICE! :D

Here is the menu for the supper club. It is fleetwide.

Thank you! We have been wanting to try this since our first visit on the Pride.

Another question.... is it like the dining room, where if you want to try two of the appetizers, you can order both?

Thanks Barry - but I am not sure this is fleetwide. If I remember right, lobster was served on the 2nd formal night on the Pride. If it is the 1st one this time, then it will be an extra bonus. :) As it sounds like that might be the case. Woo Hoo! I won't complain. Thanks!! :D

You are going to love it. The food and service were fabulous. Just make sure you make a res for 8:30 or later unless you might be there with children.

No kids with us that evening... but why 8:30 or later?

From what I understand they allow children in at the 6Pm seating. So if you are there from 8:30 or later you won't have to deal with 2 unruly children like my husband and I did on the Miracle's supper club this past June.

From what I understand they allow children in at the 6Pm seating. So if you are there from 8:30 or later you won't have to deal with 2 unruly children like my husband and I did on the Miracle's supper club this past June.

Oh - I see!! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Thanks Barry. If I remember right, lobster was served on the 2nd formal night on the Pride when we sailed in January. If it is the 1st one this time, then it will be an extra bonus. :) As it sounds like that might be the case. Woo Hoo! I won't complain. Thanks!! :D But it also appears to be on the David's menu, which means I might get lobster TWICE! :D

Another question.... is it like the dining room, where if you want to try two of the appetizers, you can order both?

You can have 2 appetizers but you have to give up on the salad.

Don't base your plans on the lobster, it's nothing to write home about. DH said it was tough & chewy. Although, DH's family lives in Mass. so he grew up on Maine lobsters, which are delish, more tender than a warm water lobster. So maybe he's just a lobster snob!

Formal always fall on the Second Night. The Menu at Supper Club is the same every night. We go up on the day that they are serving Snails down in the Dining room.

Fred

Not always Fred ;) On our cruise to Europe next September we will be in Paris on the second day, and do not have to get back to the ship until midnight. So, our first formal night will be on the third night :D

Thanks for the heads up Sandi. I keep going back and forth if we should do this. I am thinking maybe on our anniversary. I know I do not want any children like you had when we have our dinner.

Don't base your plans on the lobster, it's nothing to write home about. DH said it was tough & chewy. Although, DH's family lives in Mass. so he grew up on Maine lobsters, which are delish, more tender than a warm water lobster. So maybe he's just a lobster snob!

Supper Club Lobsters arent prepared same as what you had in the regular dining room. With that said, they dont compare to Maine Lobsters.

Pegs222

The OP was asking about David's the Supper Club on Pride.

Supper Club Lobsters arent prepared same as what you had in the regular dining room. With that said, they dont compare to Maine Lobsters.

Pegs222

The OP was asking about David's the Supper Club on Pride.

I guess I should have read the entire thread, thanks for clarifying.

Exactly, you cannot compare the lobster in the supper club to a Maine lobster. To me they just cannot compare. Maine lobsters are the best. The lobsters in the supper club are just tails and frozen.

Nothing like a Maine Lobster. Delish!!!!! :D

You can have 2 appetizers but you have to give up on the salad.

That's perfect. Thanks!

Noted.... we weren't really basing it on lobster night... mostly because it is the 2nd formal night. If we end up with lobster, it is a bonus. We have been pretty lucky with our lobster on cruises. Not top notch, but always tender.

Thanks again everyone - we are really looking forward to an adult evening with great food. :)

Does Davids have its own Chef and Kitchen or does it come from below. The menu choices seem much the same as the dining room.:confused:

They have their own chef. The food is better than in the dining room because it's made to order. It's not mass produced for 1000s like in the dining room.

Archived