Crown to Bermuda?

Len3

We're thinking of booking this one. It seems that some really great prices are available for the suites. I know that this ship is on the small side - can anyone give me some details? Any info will be helpful.

Hi Len3,

Not sure what details you want since there is not much specific in you question. You mention the smallness of the ship so feel assured that the cabins are very spacious with good closet and drawer space. This ship was a leader in that department back in 1988 when she floated out, when RCCL was putting out new tonnage with tiny little 100 sq ft cabins.

What is your cruising history? What do you look foreward to on board as far as amenities and activities? Have you read the Cruise Critic main review, it's a great way to geat a "feel" for a ship? You might also check out the Berlitz Guide to Cruising - It provides wonderful overviews of all the ships afloat.

I think that you will find the Crown comfortable and relaxing. The public rooms (except the Yacht Club) are spacious, the percentage per pax of open deck is pretty good, especially aft, the show lounge is servicable, the spa is brand new, the food is a matter of opinion (if you've read some of the posts in here it's either great, fine, or horrible - so what is your expectation?).

Generally, if you want to go back a decade or so and experience a ship that is less glitz and activity and more relaxation with a real connection to the sea then the Crown is a good choice. If you want bowling allies, rock climbing walls and ice saking rinks then she's not.

We have sailed the Crown to Bermuda in the past and enjoyed it so much we will be sailing on her again Sept. 30th. To get more information on the ship, check out the Crown reviews in the member's Reviews section of cruisecritic.

We will miss the Crown when it leaves NCL at the end of the year mainly because NCL does not have a similar sized ship sailing out of New York next year that can dock at St. Goerge and Hamilton.

We're thinking of booking this one. It seems that some really great prices are available for the suites. I know that this ship is on the small side - can anyone give me some details? Any info will be helpful.

She's my favorite ship! Sailed her once, and like Dolphins, am sailing her again in just a few weeks. She's being sold, so sail her while you can!

I just got back from the Crown and stayed in an AB suite. Take a look at this following link to my original posting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=566718

It is my opinion that this ship is uniquely suited to Bermuda operations, and I am therefore hopeful I can cruise on her a second time before she leaves NCL.

Archived