Dawn???

glacier

We are thinking of booking on the Dawn in September but keep reading negative things about it...anybody have any information on the ship?:confused:

Dawn is a great ship.. was just on her in May... You'll love her :)

OMG! Search "Dawn" on this board and you will get TONS of info! Definitely more positive reviews than negative. We went on her 2 years ago and LOVED it!! We're going again in less than 10 days (whaa hoo!!!). I will write a complete review when we return.

Oh, there is a link to many, many pics in my signature.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

Just curious...what kind of bad things are you hearing about the Dawn? Most of what you find here is only going to be positive (it is the NCL board after all). But your concerns might be legit....if you wanna share that is?

We are thinking of booking on the Dawn in September but keep reading negative things about it...anybody have any information on the ship?:confused:

We've loved all three of our cruises on the Dawn, as well as sister ships Star and Jewel. We are currently booked on the Gem for January, but unfortunately have not yet sailed on the Pearl. Each of these ships is basically laid out the same, with a few unique differences for each. The bottom line is that what you hear about one is very likely to be the same for the other. I've found many complaint deal with the significant difference in NCL FreeStyle Cruising vs. traditional. We were never attracted to the old style cruising but have found NCL perfect for our style. Of course we are open minded about how others feel about the differences, but do not put much faith in those who like to "Knock" NCL just because they are not fond of FreeStyle.

NCL has "tinkered" with their menus and specialty restaurant reservation policy, but I haven't been reading about complaints of late. Some complain about NCL's tipping policy, but that is not so unique anymore and makes it simple for guests and at the same time allow you to tip extra when you feel it is deserved. An old complaint that I could never substantiate is that the standard policy discourages employees from going that extra step. We can not say enough about the outstanding service we have received on our six cruises, and have no desire to look elsewhere for our cruising experience. We have had no significant problems during our cruises, and what minor ones we have had were well taken care of. Our hotel directors have consistently encouraged guests to let them know of problem areas so they can be corrected immediately.

In summary, we love the ships, we get tremendous service, excellent food and restaurant choices, with great entertainment. Though some may complain about long waits for dinner in the general restaurants, we've never had a problem, and our longest wait ever was 20 minutes. We like the specialty restaurants where we can make reservations, and feel the service there is a bit above the rest. Our norm is to eat early so we can see the early show in the theater, allowing us to catch lounge shows after that. Just like your favorite restaurants at home, you must anticipate a crowd when you arrive at "prime time".

If you have further questions, feel free to post them here or start to new subject. You'll surely get plenty of input. You can also use the search function to zero in on particular subjects.

Good luck, I trust you will really enjoy the Dawn.

I just booked the Dawn for May 08 to Kings Wharf. We will be first time NCL cruisers.

Can someone tell me where to go on the net to find out about Latitudes?(I believe this is NCL equivalent to Captains Club and Crown/Anchor)

I looked on their website but didn't find any info.

I just booked the Dawn for May 08 to Kings Wharf. We will be first time NCL cruisers.

Can someone tell me where to go on the net to find out about Latitudes?(I believe this is NCL equivalent to Captains Club and Crown/Anchor)

I looked on their website but didn't find any info.

Here is the link to the page with general information on Latitudes, you will automatically become members at the end of your first cruise. You already have latitude numbers assigned when you book your first cruise.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Latitudes

You can also get more information on the different latitude levels here

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=LatitudesBenefits

Archived