Has anyone used Jolly Mon recently?

cruiselover11

On the subject...I've tried emailing them a couple of times recently to book a trip with them, and haven't heard a reply yet..

Is the phone a more reliable way to get in touch?

We are booked with them for mid-July but I called them not certain when you tried to contact them but I know when I booked they were getting ready to leave for about 3 weeks for vacation but I know they're back now because they send me an email last week.

I'm looking forward to it I found some great reviews on them.

Just used JollyMon last week (June 7) for an afternoon snorkeling excursion and it was, by far, our most favorite ever. We've done dozens of snorkeling excursions all over the Caribbean and Hawaii, and I can say without a doubt that not only will I use them again whenever in St. Thomas, but I'll advise all my friends and clients to use them as well. Gayle and Gary could not possibly have been better hosts. Combine unparalleled personal service with local knowledge, and you come up with the top-notch team of JollyMon. But watch out for that delicious rum punch! Enjoy your trip!!

Just used JollyMon last week (June 7) for an afternoon snorkeling excursion and it was, by far, our most favorite ever. We've done dozens of snorkeling excursions all over the Caribbean and Hawaii, and I can say without a doubt that not only will I use them again whenever in St. Thomas, but I'll advise all my friends and clients to use them as well. Gayle and Gary could not possibly have been better hosts. Combine unparalleled personal service with local knowledge, and you come up with the top-notch team of JollyMon. But watch out for that delicious rum punch! Enjoy your trip!!

Did you do a half day or full day sail? What time did it start? Were they easy to find and walk to?

Where did you go? Did they have food? What kind? Was it a rough ride?

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Jolly Mon on 6/13. Great experience for myself, wife and two girls. We did a half day to Turtle Cove or Island. Yes there were turtles. I posted a review in an earlier thread where someone asked if it's worth spending more if you book outside of the ship. YES! It was just the 4 of us but they book up to 6.

We drank water on the way out, I'm sure they had more stuff. It was what we asked for. On the way back cheese and crackers, fruit/veggies and rum punch (me).

I haven't read a bad review of them. They always got right back to me. Gayle checks her email early in the morning I found. Every reply was about 6am.

Mike

Destiny 12/01

Conquest 6/03

Conquest 6/05

Glory 6/07

Maryland or Mike could you tell me if you tipped them and about what you tipped? Since they are the owners I've heard that some people don't tip.We are doing a full day sail with day.

We are with JollyMon in three weeks. Half Day only. I'm interested in this answer as well!

I was really impressed with how much they cared and I was a bartender in college - meaning I usually over tip. I gave $50 extra for a total of $350 for the 4 of us.

My thinking was they have to price themselves competitively. Not everyone gives the same service. I thought they were wonderful. If I over tipped then these are the people I'd like to do it to.

At the end of the excursion they offered shirts and hats for I think $15 each. I thought my wife was buying 3 so I paid two twenty's and a ten. Gayle said: "I'm honest" and gave me back the overpayment. I never would have caught on. During my bar tending days I knew lots of people who wouldn't have given that back. I was someone she probably would never see again. They have integrity. We also had a great time because of them.

Mike

I was really impressed with how much they cared and I was a bartender in college - meaning I usually over tip. I gave $50 extra for a total of $350 for the 4 of us.

My thinking was they have to price themselves competitively. Not everyone gives the same service. I thought they were wonderful. If I over tipped then these are the people I'd like to do it to.

At the end of the excursion they offered shirts and hats for I think $15 each. I thought my wife was buying 3 so I paid two twenty's and a ten. Gayle said: "I'm honest" and gave me back the overpayment. I never would have caught on. During my bar tending days I knew lots of people who wouldn't have given that back. I was someone she probably would never see again. They have integrity. We also had a great time because of them.

Mike

Mike, do you remember how the steps were into the water, straight down or sloped or???? Thanks! Nancie

Mike, do you remember how the steps were into the water, straight down or sloped or???? Thanks! Nancie

YES! Good question........can you get in and out of the boat with easy access???

'Easy' is in the eye of the beholder. We had no problems and that includes a 9 and 13yo. Their dingy was tied the cement pier and it wasn't a great distance down. They helped us in and out and it was uneventful. Same thing with going from the dingy to the sailboat - no problems.

Getting back into the sailboat after snorkeling has the difficulty level of climbing a vertical ladder - but rocking a little bit. If you can squat down on a ladder’s rung and move to a standing position you can get back in the boat. You'll find that to be the case when getting back into almost any boat. This was much easier than using the ladder on a speed boat after water skiing. Everyone in my family didn't have a problem but we're also active and height/weight proportionate.

Does anyone know if they do full day snorkels? The info Gayle sent me was for 1/2 day only. Did you all feel that 1/2 day was enough? Thanks.

Forgot to answer this question. We came in on the Carnival Glory and they get in about 10am I think. By the time you clear customs and your deck is called to get off the ship its too late for a full day.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they will book a party of two? Their website says 3 minimum. Will they will match you up with others for the sail? The day we are in St. Thomas will be my birthday, and I'm looking for something special and memorable to do to celebrate the occasion. :p

Archived