Downy Wrinkle Release

I read somewhere that you could make your own with a small amount of liquid fabric softener mixed with water. Sure would be cheaper!

I found this through a google search.

I am a working mother who hates to iron. Since I especially get short on time during the weekdays, I discovered that the various wrinkle release sprays on the market worked great in helping me to avoid ironing. But, I quickly discovered that it was quite expensive to buy the sprays, since I was going through almost a bottle each week. Since I am a chemical engineer, I figured that I should be able to figure out how to make my own wrinkle release formula.

After looking at the product information on the company website, and comparing the formula with that of the fabric softeners that they sell, I discovered that the wrinkle release sprays are simply highly watered-down liquid fabric softener. I did some experimenting until I found the correct ratio of fabric softener to water. To make the spray, take half a capful of fabric softener and put in a 16 to 24 oz. spray bottle, and then fill to the top with water. Spray the garment, then smooth out and allow to dry. I often spray lightly, then head to work. By the time I get there, my clothes are dry and wrinkle free. I have been using the same bottle of fabric softener to make wrinkle release spray for a couple of years now and have saved hundreds of dollars.

Any brand of liquid fabric softener will work. If you don’t want an intense smell, then an unscented version is preferred.

Help - went to buy Downy Wrinkle Release but couldn't find any. Sent an e-mail to company who replied that they no longer make the product:eek: It must be available somewhere as so many people mention bringing it with them on their cruise. Can anyone please tell me where they are buying it from? I live in Toronto, Canada but go to Buffalo regularly. Any leads would be much appreciated.

Ceelions

Just brought a bottle myself "just in case" from Wal-Mart. It's over by the travel size stuff near the cosmetic area... toothpaste,bottles etc... SO they still "do make it".. :D

I found this through a google search.

I am a working mother who hates to iron. Since I especially get short on time during the weekdays, I discovered that the various wrinkle release sprays on the market worked great in helping me to avoid ironing. But, I quickly discovered that it was quite expensive to buy the sprays, since I was going through almost a bottle each week. Since I am a chemical engineer, I figured that I should be able to figure out how to make my own wrinkle release formula.

After looking at the product information on the company website, and comparing the formula with that of the fabric softeners that they sell, I discovered that the wrinkle release sprays are simply highly watered-down liquid fabric softener. I did some experimenting until I found the correct ratio of fabric softener to water. To make the spray, take half a capful of fabric softener and put in a 16 to 24 oz. spray bottle, and then fill to the top with water. Spray the garment, then smooth out and allow to dry. I often spray lightly, then head to work. By the time I get there, my clothes are dry and wrinkle free. I have been using the same bottle of fabric softener to make wrinkle release spray for a couple of years now and have saved hundreds of dollars.

Any brand of liquid fabric softener will work. If you don’t want an intense smell, then an unscented version is preferred.

will certainly try this formula , as we dont have anything like Downy in the UK

Archived