E-Docs and Guarantee staterooms

I am thinking about using electronic documents for my upcoming cruise. I have a 1a stateroom guarantee and I am wondering it that would have any effect on what stateroom is assigned to my reservation. I know my docs would be available to for me to see earlier this way but does that mean my stateroom would also be assigned earlier. The main reason I am wondering is because the earlier it is assigned, the more rooms there are available and the less my chances would be for an upgrade. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance for your replys.

I elected for e-docs HOPING that I would be able to see my room assignment early (I was still about 60-something days out and the wait was killing me). It wasn't until approximately 46 days out that it showed a cabin assignment. I was able to view the document but it listed cabin assigment as "TBA."

BTW, I booked balcony guarantee.

Thanks travlngrl....Pretty much the same thing here, waiting to find out is driving me crazy but dont' want to ruin a chance for a better upgrade. From your post it sounds like maybe it doesn't make a difference....just get to find out about it earlier....thats what I am hoping anyways.

Whatnow, I know it is painful (the wait), but if you are hoping to see the cabin assignment by choosing e-docs, there is a slim possibility that cabin assignment will not be there. I have read that others have been able to see cabin assignment right away. I don't know why it happens that way...:rolleyes:

Archived