Parasailing at Sapphire Beach

Proud Mom

While in St. Thomas, I was thinking of going to Sapphire Beach and go parasailing. It would be a huge help if the following questions could be answered:

1. Do they also have double parachutes (two people connected to same parachute)?

2.What is the cost of parasailing at Sapphire Beach?

3.Can you tell me the best transportation (bus, taxi), cost and how to get the transportation (pier, or elsewhere)?

Any information is appreciated.:)

Hi ProudMom,

We just got back from the Crown Princess today and actually did Godfrey's tour but it was modified since our ship left earlier than many. But our last stop was Sapphire Beach, so I think I can answer your questions.

For parasailing, yes, two can go up at once as long as the weight between the two of you isn't over 400 pounds I believe. Our two daughters 20 and 22 went up together. It was $75 a person and they had a blast. The guys in the boats took pictures of them with their cameras as they were going up and they got some great shots. They do a little dunk with the feet at the end and bring you back up and they thought it was great. Also did wave runners after that which were $50 for 1/2 an hour per wave runner on Sapphire Beach. When we were there, it was not crowded at all, didn't have any of the solicitors you get at Coki and it was a pleasant time there.

As far as transportation there...I know many take cabs but they charge per person one way and by the time you do that, we found that for a few dollars more, we could get a day tour with Godfrey. He picked us up promptly and then one of his staff did the rest of the tour, but we were the only ones with him so it was basically like a private tour for us and didn't have to depend on what others wanted. Lots of great picture ops. But if you want just the beach, I think most do a cab. Good luck and have a blast.

Cathy

Archived