Back from Pride (Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, Mazatlan)

ginger123snaps

We are in our early 30's. We have taken 9 cruises. I wanted to give some feedback...this board is always so helpful for me.

Puerto Vallarta: Canopy lines...highly recommend it. Swims suits only needed if you plan on swimming afterwards. No option to swim during the zip lines....highlight of our trip. Ride to office is 30 min and then a bus ride up the hills another 30 min. Doesn't matter if you take white or yellow cab...the cost was the same for us ($5).

Puerto Vallarta: Shopping at the pier is great and extensive. They all carry the same stuff...that is if you are looking for inexpensive souvenirs

Mazatlan: walk outside to the main road and turn left...keep going straight until you see a yellow shack (10 min walk). Take a $3 water taxi to stone island (buy your ticket at the yellow shack). It's about a 4 min ride to the island. Once you arrive at the island just walk straight to the beach. There you can rent horses, atvs, banana boats...or just hang out at the beach. Lots of restaurants and bars on the island.

Cabo: Took the glass bottom water taxi to El Arco. I can see why they don't recommend these water taxis on the ship. When you get to El Arco you basically have to jump out of the boat and into the water and walk/swim to the beach. That was the easy part....but then you have to fight the waves and try to climb back into the boat when ready to leave....there is no ladder....so you basically have to jump high....I do not recommend this at all if you are older. We saw lots of people falling and having a difficult time...please choose this option only if you are fit to jump into a boat....we couldn't do it...a local had to give us a hand so that we could get back into the boat. So please be careful.

Cabo: The local market area has the same stuff as Puerto Vallarta.

Mazatlan...shops at the pier will not bargain as much...better chance of bargaining in Puerto or Cabo

Hope this helps

Archived