Passport air rules may be suspended

smeyer418

If you need a receipt that you submitted the application, you can go to the post office or agency where you submitted the passport application. They have to keep a log of every application. They can write a reciept out for you at that time.

You can also go to this link and check the status of your application:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/status/status_2567.html

BTW it is not the governments fault to enable procrastinators (hire more people). There has to be consequences to actions. People waiting to the last minute need to realize they will be waiting a long time to get a passport.

I'm going to Hawaii and I don't need a passport at this time. But my Post Office had a special day to process passports so I went last Saturday. I couldn't believe the lines, the crowds, and the confusion. What should have been a painless procedure turned out stressful. They didn't accept credit cards and I didn't bring a check. The only receipt was a stamp of the date on the general first page of the application. The receipt does not mention the fees. The postal worker charged an additonal $1.05 for money order. For all I know, with the inadequate receipt, she could have kept my money. So when people said get a receipt, I say what receipt? I checked the web site and it said it takes at least a week before there's an acknowledgement. At this point, I don't know what happening to my application.

I'm not a procrastinator and I'm not going out of the country this year ...maybe December or January. My travel agent told me that normally it shouldn't take more than 6 weeks. I didn't want to insult her but if my travel agent doesn't know what's happening, how you expect the public to know?

... My travel agent told me that normally it shouldn't take more than 6 weeks. I didn't want to insult her but if my travel agent doesn't know what's happening, how you expect the public to know?

I'd get a new travel agent:rolleyes:

FYI, I contacted NCL regarding the necessary documentation given the recent passport changes. I was told that you will still require proof of citizenship, ie. a certified birth certificate. As you know, in order to apply for a passport, you have to submit your birth certificate. So of course if you have not received your pport, then likely you don't have your birth certificate either. NCL told me the passport receipt and ID will not be sufficient.

Archived