NCL Majesty

Catmjs

We are considering a cruise to Bermuda in 08 on the Majesty. We are new to NCl having been RCCL cruisers in the past. Can anyone tell me what the Majesty was like and what resturants charge a cover charge and how much the cover was? Thanks for your help.

You'll find lots of info on the Norwegian Majesty on CC.

Some things to know:

She entered service in 1992 and was built in that style ... so there are no balcony cabins, and cabins are on the small size. Superior outside cabins are 145sf and the AB suite is 235sf. Standard cabins can be as small as 108sf.

She wasn't built for freestyle cruising, so doesn't have as many specialty restaurants as some of the newer NCL ships. Le Bistro is the extra-charge restaurant, with great food and service. There's also a pasta restaurant that's not extra charge.

There's talk that the ship will leave the NCL fleet by 2010, so if you want to cruise one of the last remaining smaller cruise ships, this may be your chance to do so.

DH & I like her enough that we're returning for our second voyage in February....

I cruised on the Majesty 2 years ago and it was nice. Definitely not the nicest ship, but I would say adequate :p . I know Royal Carribean has really nice ships so you might be disappointed with the Majesty. It is just an older ship.

We didn't go to any specialty restaurants but I think they are between $10 - $20 pp.

We met people on the Majesty that have cruised that ship over and over and love it. I however had to wonder if they had ever been on another ship. I had been on the NCL Dawn and found it much nicer (newer). We're going on the Spirit soon, so I am crossing my fingers that it is nice!

We are considering a cruise to Bermuda in 08 on the Majesty. We are new to NCl having been RCCL cruisers in the past. Can anyone tell me what the Majesty was like and what resturants charge a cover charge and how much the cover was? Thanks for your help.

Hi. Welcome to our side of the boards :)

A quick search revealed this link that is appropriate for your questions :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=536653&highlight=Majesty+Review

We met people on the Majesty that have cruised that ship over and over and love it. I however had to wonder if they had ever been on another ship.

I sailed on the Majesty two years ago, and while I will be the first to admit, it is an older ship, and it shows, the thing that I enjoyed about it most was the crew. Wonderful staff who more than made up for the lack of amenities on board. I think perhaps that is the reason why people love this ship so much. If you read around the boards you will see repeated comments about the crew of the Majesty being the best in the fleet. I have sailed on other ships - Holland American and RCC - and while the ships were beautiful, and the crews great, there was something about the Majesty. In fact, we enjoyed it so much, we started planning our return cruise before we pulled out of Bermuda.

So, all that said, if you do not need bells and whistles, and lots of restaurants to choose from, I think you would enjoy the Majesty.

We are cruising on the Majesty to Bermuda, on July 15th and we are very excited. It sounds like a wonderful little ship. I just can't wait!!!

We booked an inside cabin and that is ok.. how wonderful it will be to spend almost four days docked in St. George.

I can assure you the lovely Majesty is a wonderful little ship with a great crew making the special atmosphere. I spent a year and a half there and I miss the happy days on the Majesty every day.

We thought the Majesty was great. There were plenty of food options. We did go to LeBistro and the food was very good. We enjoyed Piazza San Marco for a quick bite, and also the crepes they make at the waffle station in the morning.

There were more than enough food options for us. We also love the Dawn and all of her restaurants, but the Majesty offered plenty for us that week.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Everyone....Thank you for the information that you all gave me about the Majesty. We are booked for September 2008 and will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I can't wait...

A list of restaurants aboard the Norwegian Majesty

Seven Seas Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Four Seasons Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Le Bistro

Cuisine: Light Italian & Continental

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Reservations Required: Yes

Café Royale

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, Snacks

Piazza San Marco

Cuisine: Hamburgers, Hot Dogs/ Pizza, Ice Cream

The only restaurant aboard the Majesty with a surcharge is the Le Bistro.

4 days til we're on the majesty. have been on her every year since 2000 on the bermuda run. she is an elegant lady!

also check the freestyle daily for sushi, wine tastings and smoothie demos! expect a cover charge however.

Archived