Space Shuttle

Hi all, My DH and I just had a neat experience, we drove up to Melbourne Beach to watch the launch of the Space Shuttle. It was a beautifully clear evening, on the horizon I could see the Soverign of the Seas sailing south as the Shuttle passed overhead. They must have had quite the view! I hope the realized it was launching!

Are you sure it was the Sovereign that you could still see at 7:35 tonite??it might have been one of the gambling boats from PtCanaveral that leave at 7...

In any case,it would be really neat to see the shuttle from a ship........

We can see some from here in Ocala........

We've seen 2 shuttle launches one on the way to Universal Studios and everyone stopped at the side of the road to get out and watch it. The other was at WDW at the boat launch at the Wilderness Lodge it was amazing to see. But I would love to see it with a cruise ship in the background. That must have made quite a picture.

According to Cruise Calendar it was Majesty. But, regardless you're right what a view. We were fortunate enough to see the launch back in December from our hotel prior to sailing on Mariner. We couldn't believe our luck as the shuttle had been delayed and it was just luck that we got to see this one.

d

Majesty leaves from Miami. Sovereign leaves from Port Canaveral. I don't know for sure, but I would have to bet the ship was the Sovereign. They leave on friday nights at 5:00 for their 3 night cruise and return on monday morning to do the turnaround for the 4 night cruise.

Archived