Just off Liberty of the seas (6/2) with kids

Casachic

I've cruised a lot before but it was my sons' first times. They are 7 & 9 and had the best time. The Liberty was fantastic for kids. The kid's camp was great. The room was great. The service was great. The flowrider was so cool for my older son. My tall 7 year old was a little too short to go!. The H20 zone kept them busy for hours day after day. It was a perfect family vacation. If you have any questions, please ask!

I have cruise brain and can't member what the group name was. They had games and crafts. One night was dance night. During the day in Jamaica, they had a scavenger hunt where they broke them up into groups of 5 and they ran around the ship together. He liked that. They had fun computer games. My 9 year old did not love AO. He went but not enthusiastically. He wanted to hang with my Husband, parents and me more which was fine. My 7 year old loved it and went every night. He ate at the windjammer and off he went. He made lots of friends and thought it was great. I thought it was a great program in that you could drop off and pick up as you wanted.

This was the boys' first cruise and they were so sad to leave today.

I've cruised a lot before but it was my sons' first times. They are 7 & 9 and had the best time. The Liberty was fantastic for kids. The kid's camp was great. The room was great. The service was great. The flowrider was so cool for my older son. My tall 7 year old was a little too short to go!. The H20 zone kept them busy for hours day after day. It was a perfect family vacation. If you have any questions, please ask!

Thanks for your review! What deck were you on? We are going w/our 3 kids 11,9,and 6 for their first cruise. Deck 3 adjoining cabins but considering upgrading if any other connecting come available (?) Do you remember that Deck? Do you think it will be inconvenient/noisy, etc?

Appreciate your insight.:) Glad you loved the cruise.

Thanks for your review! What deck were you on? We are going w/our 3 kids 11,9,and 6 for their first cruise. Deck 3 adjoining cabins but considering upgrading if any other connecting come available (?) Do you remember that Deck? Do you think it will be inconvenient/noisy, etc?

We had a D1 Balcony on deck 6. It had a pull out sofa bed for the kids. we were not in the cabin a lot but it was tough finding room for all of the clothes. The sleeping arrangements were fine. The balcony was like an extra room and made it extra nicel. Next time i'd consider getting ajoining rooms if it was not crazy expensive. Our cabin for the 4 of us was very pricey.

We were in an area surrounded by quad cabins and the ship was full of kids so it was a little noisy the first and last nights. The noise subsided after 12 and it was not bad enough to complain. We were about 15 cabins back from the aft elevators. The ship is so well designed, it never felt like we had to walk too far. Deck 6 is great because it is one floor up from promenade.

You will have a blast. One tip, measure your kids to make sure they are tall enough for the flowrider. My seven year old missed it by a couple of inches and he was really upset. I wish I had known he was not tall enough before the trip to get the issue out of the way. He was excited about boogie boarding and it was a disappointment. He got over it.

On Deck 3 you will spend alot of time in the elevator. Also, you may have problems on tender days with people lining up in the stairwell and blocking your way up the stairs. The only thing on Deck 3 was our dining room (which may not necessarily be the case with you) and the way to the tender boats (deck 2). I don't want to scare you but if you can get on a higher deck, do it.

And for your 6 year old, I have the Adventure Ocean compass here (ours was from Freedom, but they are pretty much the same)...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

On Deck 3 you will spend alot of time in the elevator. Also, you may have problems on tender days with people lining up in the stairwell and blocking your way up the stairs. The only thing on Deck 3 was our dining room (which may not necessarily be the case with you) and the way to the tender boats (deck 2). I don't want to scare you but if you can get on a higher deck, do it.

And for your 6 year old, I have the Adventure Ocean compass here (ours was from Freedom, but they are pretty much the same)...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

Thanks for sharing the Cruise Compass for AO - our son will love it!

I may try to upgrade to balcony - need adjoining rooms for 5 of us. If I stay on Deck 3 we save $ but I will consider what you said re: elevators and crowding on tender days. Either way we will make the most of it...1st cruise for the kids!!

Thanks for the Compass for AO crusinmama! This is a great help for my DS & DIL to get an idea as to what the little one will be able to do. We'll be on the Liberty, but at least this will give them a good idea of what kind of activities they do with the kids.

Thanks for the Compass for AO crusinmama! This is a great help for my DS & DIL to get an idea as to what the little one will be able to do. We'll be on the Liberty, but at least this will give them a good idea of what kind of activities they do with the kids.

You're very welcome!

Archived