GRT Suite - Mistake???

rdrseller

:D OK, we have always selected our room. For the last three cruises, we have had category 12. I know you can cruise at any category and have a great time...but we were spoiled the first one that we had. LOVED THAT BATHROOM! Now there is no going back.

OK, my dilemma I booked guaranteed suite and now I am wondering what is the likely hood of getting upgraded to a 12 from an 11. I know it isn't much of an upgrade, but with 4 people in the room that little bit of space would help out.

How many of you have gotten a good upgrade when booking guaranteed??

:confused:

Thanks in advance for you answer, you guys (and gals) are the best.

With 4 people, won't you get the Cat 12 in the guarantee?!? I think only 3 people can utilize a Cat 11...

Anybody know for sure?

Maybe it depends on the ship...which one are you sailing on?

We were on Triumph in April and had a Cat. 11 for myself, DH and 2 kids, both

younger teens. We did just fine, but there were a few crowded moments when

we were all in there in the final moments of getting ready for dinner. I have

learned to set up a schedule with a daughter! They brought us a rollaway bed for my son and my daughter slept on the couch which was made up each night. The steward folded up the rollaway during the day. Storage space was great. The larger bathroom and dressing area are worth the extra $$ you spend.

Funny thing though, we had a Cat. 11 on the Destiny and it seemed like

it was bigger than Triumph, even the balcony. Maybe it was because it was 3 years ago, or just because the kids are bigger now, I don't know! We had a Cat. 12 on Inspiration for our first cruise and we had room to spare. 4 people can exist very comfortably in those.

On the smaller ships (Fantasy Class) and 11 only sleeps 3. So two out of our three groups booked a suite gaurantee. We booked a 12, specific room. The other two groups of 4 and 5 were put next to us. Worked perfectly for us this time.

On bigger ships like the Conquest, the cat. 11 sleeps four people.

No matter what, you will have fun.

The Spirit class ships have some cat. 11 cabins that sleep 4. Check to see if the cat. 12's that sleep 4 are sold out. if they are, there's your answer. You will get a cat. 11 (unless there is a cancellation). We were upgraded to a suite guarantee on the Pride when there was a price drop. I checked and saw that all the cat. 12 quads were sold out so I knew we'd get a cat 11 and that's exactly what we got.

Well, I looked this morning and there is 1 cat 11 and 1 cat 12, both quads. I think at this point, it will be a toss up.

All I know, it is 49 days and my count down has started and I am getting out the luggage and beginning to pack.

Here we come sun!

We did that very thing and got up-graded from an 11 to a 12........

Problem was, it was on a deck where only two suites cat 12) were located. They were at the very front of the ship and had a very small balcony.....

The steward was not acustomed to the suites since he hand only one on his side.........

So, becareful what you wish for.

The cabin was an odd angle and not as big as the cat 12 on the other deck that housed all the others.

Check your deck plans for cat 12's and you will see what I mean.

How many of you have gotten a good upgrade when booking guaranteed??

:confused:

Thanks in advance for you answer, you guys (and gals) are the best.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing... we are booked on the Conquest out of Galveston in September.

Does anyone have any pictures of a Category 11... I'll assume the "worst" (although its still WONDERFUL) and plan for an 11 instead of a 12. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks!

Diana

dyannnat@yahoo.com

Actually, I have pictures of the cate 11 suite on the Miracle (spirit class) on the following website under the photo label cabin 6168 (cate 11) On the Miracle, they have quite a few cate 11's that sleep 4 and they sell out fast so no you won't automatically get sent to a cate 12 just because there are 4 in your cabin. We just got off the Miracle a month ago and had 4 of us in ours. Here's the link.

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Archived