money question

redjuliet

When you are on a excursion (swimming with the dolphins) ( parasailing)

what do you do with your cash/credit cards, etc if you can't carry them on you, I know someplaces don't have lockers.

When I do these type of excursions I bring along better quality swimwear (i.e. speedo....and no, not THAT kind of speedo!). They usually have some sort of attached waterproof pouch that is large enough for a credit card, key card, and a few bills. The bigger problem is the passport and all the other junk we tend to drag along.

I use a waterproof waist bag that I found online. It is actually the second one like this I have purchased. They work great and will keep all the important things you can't leave elsewhere dry and with you.

I wasn't familiar with the waterproof waist bag so I googled it. Always looking for a better mouse trap. From what I saw it looks cumbersome. Is it uncomfortable?

I wasn't familiar with the waterproof waist bag so I googled it. Always looking for a better mouse trap. From what I saw it looks cumbersome. Is it uncomfortable?

Here is a link to the one I use. As said, after buying one on a clearence rack some years ago, it finally wore out and I located another one exactly like it at snorkel city.

http://www.snorkelcity.com/snorwatfanpa.html

You don't even know you have it on, it fits right against your swimsuit with a belt around your waist, and holds all our money, CC's and other valueables while we are snorkeling and such. Works great for water sports and lasts for many years.

Here is a link to the one I use. As said, after buying one on a clearence rack some years ago, it finally wore out and I located another one exactly like it at snorkel city.

http://www.snorkelcity.com/snorwatfanpa.html

You don't even know you have it on, it fits right against your swimsuit with a belt around your waist, and holds all our money, CC's and other valueables while we are snorkeling and such. Works great for water sports and lasts for many years.

Do you put your passport in this?

No, I do not, and have never seen or found a waterproof bag or anything else where I would feel safe keeping my passport inside when going into the water. Doesn't matter how careful you are, accidents do happen and risking destroying my passport is not something I would ever take a chance on.

Archived