Problem with Deposit

Svenja66

It appears clear from the information that has been given on these Boards that you are the victim of misrepresentation, at the very least and possibly fraud, by this TA.

You may wish to pursue this through the small claims court or even get a Solicitor involved. While I usually do not recommend these sorts of actions, sometimes you have to make a stand and let the TA know that you want your money back.

You should also consider reporting this possible fraud to your local police services so that they can start an investigation. In case anyone is asking why fraud, well if HAL has received money from the TA, then that TA would have received commission back from HAL, and if the TA got the money first by misrepresentation, then that is fraud.

Good luck and stick it to this TA.

I agree with other posters that you have been the victim of misrepresentation on the part of your travel agent. When I first came into the business I worked for a local agency owned by a husband and wife team. The wife "lost" a $2,000 deposit, and the clients could not recover the money from the cruiseline because the penalty period was in effect. Holland America can do nothing in this instance, but your travel agent should reimburse you for your loss. Unfortunately, the agency sounds like it is dishonest and in that case in will be difficult, if not impossible, to recover your money. In the case above it turned out that the agency was indeed not as ethical as it should have been and to my knowledge the clients never received a refund. I hope this is not the case with you. Good luck in your efforts.

Susan

I tried everything to put the email of the TA in this tread. It doesnt work very well, but I hope you all can see, that I have asked here before I gave her my credit card Nr. if I will get my money back.

I had to split it, because it was to big for the tread? And I cleared all names to get no trubble.

304213563_neuegre3.jpg.d75b90a2ead234da1c4d1fde400e56d7.jpg

1833037769_neuegre4.jpg.3826666ea7237034d1c5a6b83c420dfb.jpg

What I dont understand is why HAL is not interesting on helping me? They know that I alone have no chance to get my money back from the TA when I contact them. The letter was cold and not typical for the USA.

I have been to the USA many times. And the first thing I have learned there was that all companies are very very interessted to get their customers satisfacted. It might be not the fault of HAL, but at least they have my money. And the TA sells their produkt. So if I were HAl I wouldnt like a TA who works in this way with my produkt and make the custmer angry.

If I had problems during my vacations in the USA there was allways someone helping me - like supervisors. Because of my good experiances it was one reason to book the cruise in the USA.

We all want that people from the world coming together closer. But if something happens like this I feel like its going in the other direktion.

Sorry, I am so sad. I try to go on the computer every night when my children are in bed. I spend so many times here to find out, how I can get my mony back.

I thank all the people here who helped me.

Thanks Svenja

"WE ARE PLEASED TO ADVISE THAT YOUR CLIENT'S WAITLIST HAS CLEARED FOR THE

CATEGORY LISTED ON THIS NOTIFICATION. GUEST AND BOOKING PRICING BELOW IS THE

CURRENT CATEGORY RATE AND THEREFORE MAY CHANGE BASED ON THE

AVAILABLE FARE RATE AT THE TIME OF ACCEPTANCE. YOU MUST CONTACT HOLLAND

AMERICA AT (800) 426-0327 BY 7:00 PM XXXXX TIME ON XXXXX TO ACCEPT OR

REJECT THIS 'MATCHED' CATEGORY. FAILURE TO CALL WILL RESULT IN THE AUTOMATIC

CANCELLATION OF THE WAITLIST RECORD. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU

REGARDING THIS WAITLIST 'MATCH'"

Above is what I received this weekend directly from HAL on a sailing I recently waitlisted. (The sailing is for 7 days, and the cost to waitlist was $350 for the two of us.)

The "offer" from HAL is outrageously overpriced, and I will call and tell them "no thanks," but I want you to know that I was told on the phone when I placed the waitlist request with HAL (several weeks ago) that if I did not reply to the email, that not only would the reservation be AUTOMATICALLY cancelled, but the money would be AUTOMATICALLY refunded to my credit card.

I am not happy that the offer is OVER BROCHURE price, especially as I had asked at the time I placed the waitlist request what sort of price it might be, because I wasn't interested in anything that was not discounted from brochure prices. I waitlisted three different sailings, and received this one "match."

We are HAL Mariner members. I placed the request directly with HAL on the phone.

I was assured that if we were unable to respond to the email (for example, if we were travelling, etc.), not to worry, because the credit back to the card in the event that I did not accept (or respond to) the email, would be an AUTOMATIC REFUND.

I am quite disappointed in HAL regarding the "match", but it pales in comparison to what the original poster is going through.

Archived