For those of you worrying about the Pride...a heads up.

tammymacb

I'm not in California nor do I have any inside info about the Pride. I only wanted to give one warning.

I, too, was on a ship that had engine problems ( The Norwegian Majesty- the sailing the prior week to mine acutally had to be cancelled ). On board we didn't have many problems even though it was evident that all problems hadn't been fixed. However, we had one ( to me ) MAJOR problem. We got into port at every single island hours late as they couldn't travel at full speed. Not a problem with those who booked excursions through the ship, but for those of us who booked with other venues, it was a nightmare! :eek: I had booked a two tank Dive in Grand Cayman for my DH, myself and two children, the excusion was about $500.00, we were supposed to meet the dive shop at 8am ( we were supposed to dock at 6ish) Well, we never saw land until about 9 and by the time we got to land we were very, very late...a rushed day of diving for a LOT of money...It was a bummer. We also arrived in Cozumel and Key West but that wasn't as big of an issue as we booked with the ship for Cozumel and didn't have plans for Key West.

I hope all goes well for you all who are booked in the next couple weeks till this is worked out. But, it's a warning to those who have booked on their own...make sure about refund policies, etc, because there is a good chance that if the ship isn't on full power, you will not be there on time.

Good luck! :)

Archived