Saw this topic on another thread

We were on the Destiny, seated at a table for 4, asked for 8.... Our companions were sooo different. Mormons from Texas, couldn't find a single thing in common.... then we found FOOTBALL.

Dinner had been a struggle, uncomfortable and I was SO excited to find common ground at last on day one... I said.... "Oh my God, I loved the game with X against X where.......happened..." The wife SLAMMED her hands down on the table and literally yelled... "you will NOT talk my lord of Gods name in vain as we sit at this feast!!!"

Looked at hubby, he nodded, we excused ourselves and walked out.... for those that would be offended... in my excitement I meant no offense and we had to just give it up here. They were a bit over the edge. :confused:

Sorry, but they were nuts

I would have looked her square in the eye and said, "You're sh***ing me right?"

10 to 1 THEY would have gotten up and left at that point. IMHO.:D

Happy cruising.

Out of ten cruises the only thing I can think of is the drunk parents who gave their baby(maybe a year old) a whole hot dog to eat and then didn't even pay any attention to her....:eek: ...I was so scared she would choke,they would not have know if she did...:eek:...

On our November '06 cruise I found a fanny pack on the counter by the ice and drinks on Lido at about 12:45pm. It was sitting there for a few moments and no one was around. I looked around, saw no one and decided to pick it up and see if someone was running around frantically looking for it.

No one seemed to be looking for anything so I decided to turn it in to Pursers desk then decided I'd just look in, find the owners name and ask Purser to have them notified and come to the desk where I'd give it to them. I was somewhat surprised to see there was a wad of $100 bills, a sign and sail card, credit cards etc.

The Purser called the passenger's room and the woman was there. He asked her to come to the desk and she told him to tell me to bring it to her room!!! I said I'd wait for her to retrieve it. She immediately thought that was a better idea too and came about 5 minutes later with her husband. They were in their mid 50's or so. I saw them coming and called her name and she came over and said "oh, thank you." And walked away!!!

Her husband was practically kicking her. She kept saying to him "what, why"...he called to me to ask my table number to send a thank you bottle of wine. Later at dinner we recieved the wine and the woman came over to our table to thank me. It was the 2nd time that day she lost her sail and sign and didn't even realize she had lost her whole fanny pack until I handed it to her.

Archived