Taking coolers on board

boogsmom

When you stop at ports are you allowed to take the cooler off with you? I'm interested in taking a small soft sided cooler to take drinks into port with us so we don't have to pay the crazy tourist drink prices! Is this allowed? All anyone on here is fighting about using them in the rooms, I'll use the ships bars for getting my drinks while I'm on there, I'm more concerned with when I'm not on the ship what I'm going to do.

Thanks!

For those of you who recently cruised, did you see anyone having problems with coolers that met the size limits? And would it be easier to go through screening if the cooler is completely empty? We plan on taking some sodas and bottled water but will keep them in their packages/cartons until we get to our room. This is the first time we are taking canned sodas. We usually just take on a couple of 2 liter bottles

Many thanks for your advice!

I don't think it matters if the cooler is empty or full. It simply matters what size it is. It cannot exceed 12x12x12. Like I said ours was just a bit larger (12x12x14) and they would not let us take it. If anyone knows where you can get a rolling cooler that size I would be interested in getting one.

Archived