Carnival gym?

flipflopz

Does anyone know if there is a fee for using the gym on the Conquest?

The gym is free. It is also has a good supply of machines for a ship. If you like working out at the start of the day, then try and get there very early. (It officially opens at 6am but sometimes the doors are open before that.) All of the treadmills and other aerobic machines were occupied by 6:30, 6:45.

The resistance machines for strength training are not as crowded, nor are the free weights.

I think the sauna is one of the best I've ever been in, which is why we keep booking the conquest class ships. Nothing like a floor to ceiling picture window to watch the world float by while you relax and unwind in there.

We both like to start our day that way, burn off yesterday's calories and begin again.

I agree completely with BilllnBobbi.

The gyms are really nice and busy mainly toward the first days of the cruise but do slim down after a few days. If the treadmills are to busy we just go to the track. If you run(walk) on the track its best during morning as sun comes up, when it's not to busy. You'll love the gym. We go at least once a day to the gym and make it our goal to both run and lift. Have a great cruise and enjoy the gym!

I agree completely with BilllnBobbi.

The gyms are really nice and busy mainly toward the first days of the cruise but do slim down after a few days. If the treadmills are to busy we just go to the track. If you run(walk) on the track its best during morning as sun comes up, when it's not to busy. You'll love the gym. We go at least once a day to the gym and make it our goal to both run and lift. Have a great cruise and enjoy the gym!

Runcassrun is correct, it is busy for the first couple of days, because many people who last visited a gym when Nixon was president want to see if their muscles still work. So they try it, and usually give up after a day or two.

However, you do get to know who the regulars are on the cruise. All of the gym rats have a habit of showing up at the same time and after a few days we start greeting each other and having conversations. It's a good way to meet people who have similar interests. Same thing happens of course at the places on land. We're LA Fitness members and go regularly.

Keeps us young.

BnB

Runcassrun is correct, it is busy for the first couple of days, because many people who last visited a gym when Nixon was president want to see if their muscles still work. So they try it, and usually give up after a day or two.

However, you do get to know who the regulars are on the cruise. All of the gym rats have a habit of showing up at the same time and after a few days we start greeting each other and having conversations. It's a good way to meet people who have similar interests. Same thing happens of course at the places on land. We're LA Fitness members and go regularly.

Keeps us young.

BnB

We don't meet many on the cruises we have been on in the fitness center because most people are normal and when on vacation don't exercise:D .

It seems like we run and lift even more on cruises because we eat more, have more time, and love what carnival offers on each ship. If I could'nt run and lift on cruises I would'nt have cruised 26 times so far. I seem to go after another PR each time, mainly with miles run. Glad to hear you are fitness members and I agree it does keep us young.:)

We use the gym for a quick hot tub and shower (free) before dinner, then DW can have the bathroom to herself for as long as she wants...

The showers are much larger than in the rooms.

Archived