Please tell me about Category H

drdaddy

Hi, all. Just got my cabin assignment for my guarantee on the Zuiderdam for our cruise in 2 weeks. Not bad. Received Category H, Deck 4, midships. Pretty happy with that even though it is full obstructed but should still be better than my original. I had a "J" which I know was discussed here earlier but the DW likes the light to come in at least a little.

But, I was hoping that someone who has been in this cabin before can share a little on it's amenities and size and shape and closet and drawer space. You know. Every POSSIBLE detail you might remember!

Thanks!

Just got back yesterday on the Zuiderdam and had a category H cabin. Room was a great size. Two closets for hanging and one with shelves. The room was nice size. Drawers under the bed which we didn't use. Night stand had drawers too. I did take pictures of the room and the lifeboaticon7.gif and will send soon.

Thanks, Pati! I knew there was someone, somewhere out there who sailed in one of these cabins. Kind of thin responses so far. We are leaving in less than two weeks so those pics &/or some more description would be really appreciated.

How close are the lifeboats to the window and what size is that window? You know, important stuff like that! And, we will be in 4083. Were you near that cabin? Curious as to the steward and how that worked out.

If you want to send some pics if you don't have the time to post them, my email is drdaddy "at" earthlink "dot" net.

Thanks!

Rob,

Our cabin was 4107, middle of the lifeboat. Window was about the size of sliding doors. Floor to ceiling. Lifeboat was about 12 inches give or take from the window. Enough for crew member to walk by..scared me to death. They took down lifeboat twice.

Room steward was good. Only saw him once. Again, I had no complaints at all about the room. Would book it again in a minute. Great value for the money. Will get you pictures later today.

Thanks again Paticakes.

It sounds like the boat is a bit cose to the window but the size of the window sounds great. Thought that your cabin number was pretty close to ours but looking that the deck plans, it seems like it would be a different steward. Sounds like a rave review of the cabin. I am very happy.

Looking forward to the pics. And thanks for taking the time to do that.

Archived