Veil??? Are you wearing one?

Hi* I'm wearing a tiera AND a veil. I think it is just personal preference. Or, if you are like me, when you are in the bridal shoppe & try on a veil just to see how it looks and everyone in the room gets teary-eyed, you discover you have no choice but to wear a veil!!! At 1st I didn't want to wear one due to worries of it blowing around in the beach wind, but others have convinced me to go with one. Their reasons ranged from "You are a bride and all brides should wear a veil" to "You'll have the tiera to keep the veil from blowing in your face" to "You are doing everything so non-traditional already with your wedding, the least you can do to make your Mom happy is to let her see her only daughter in a veil like a traditional bride would wear!" (yes, the last reason was spoken by my dear Mom - but I love her to pieces so it really is the LEAST I can do for her!!!!). Try some on with your dress just for kicks. Nothing says I'M A BRIDE more than a veil but again, I think it's all about preference these days. Good luck! Kim

At first I was anti-veil and all about having a tiera!:) My mom kept after me and while trying on my dress for the first time w/her at David's she said, "That's the one! Now just humor me and try it with a veil". I tried on that veil and it was all over! It totally made me feel like a bride and truely completed the whole look! I ended up opting for only the veil and no tiera at all!:D

I opted for just a tiara and I am happy I did. Whatever makes you feel pretty! I had a glacier wedding and I was already wearing a dress, long johns, boots:D a cape and gloves so a veil just seemed like overkill!

I was on the fence about wearing a veil but when I tried mine on with my dress, it completed the look I wanted. My tiara looked a little lonely on my head, especially with my hair down. I'm still not 100% decided about keeping part of my hair down or not, but the tiara seemed to get lost in all my hair! :)

I was worried about the veil blowing everywhere, but the veil I chose has beading around the edges that matches my gown. The beads keep it pretty steady.

I don't think there is a 'rule' to whether you need one or not. It's all in your preference!

My daughter is not wearing a veil...she will wear her hair up with an antique looking comb...at least that is what I have been told. I saw her in the wedding gown a couple weeks ago and she looked stunning. July 29th is getting here pretty quick.

John & Shari

Both are lovely. I'm an older bride with children older than many brides here, and in my case am opting for a tiara with my gown. If this were my first marriage, though, I think I would go for the veil!

No veil here. I want to find something sparkly for my hair.. maybe a tiara. I want to be married on deck *cross fingers for good weather* and I know it will probably be too windy.

Also, I'm not really into the "traditional" wedding and I think this might push it over the edge towards traditional.

I wore a silk flower in my hair for our wedding.

Word of the wise if you wear a veil: Have a backup plan in case it is windy. We watched a wedding onboard where the bride had a veil and it blew around and was a distraction the entire ceremony. The groom finally had enough and had to hold it down for her.

I wore a silk flower in my hair for our wedding.

Word of the wise if you wear a veil: Have a backup plan in case it is windy. We watched a wedding onboard where the bride had a veil and it blew around and was a distraction the entire ceremony. The groom finally had enough and had to hold it down for her.

NYgirl where did you find your flower? For the dress and hairstyle I am thinking about I think a beautiful flower with maybe some sparkle to it would look really nice.

I wore a long veil on my wedding day and it was sooo windy that it kept blowing around the minister.The wind was also blowing so hard that I thought it was going to fly right off my head and into the Caribbean. I love the look but consider getting a cheap short veil so if it is too windy to wear you wont have a lot invested.

Best of Luck

NYgirl where did you find your flower? For the dress and hairstyle I am thinking about I think a beautiful flower with maybe some sparkle to it would look really nice.

Beth- I got mine from flowerclip.com

If you google "silk hair flowers" you will get a bunch of sites with flowers ranging from $10-100. I found that Flowerclip had the best prices, and I was happy with what I got.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived